NCL - PMI the easy way

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

Hi all just recently returned from a brilliant holiday on the island of majorca, and here it is:

NCL - PMI
EZY6421
G-EZJR
Scheduled departure time: 1935
Actual departure time: 2045

Well, the start of the journey, a taxi ride which sets you back £20, not very nice really, however we enterted Newcastle airport a little early and then went to check in as soon as it opened. Due to easyJets incompetence we had to stand there several times while staff jokes about how incompetent we were (if only they knew how stupid they looked). A friend of mine, a member of vatsim, who works at NCL made sure that we were pre-boarded on this flight, which did make my parents happier, because if youve ever been on an easy flight which is delayed you'll know what the passengers are like for trying to get on.

We set off from Newcastle departing runway 25, accelerating very quickly down the runway and rotating just before taxiway Echo i believe. The aircraft seemed to be going slow, in my opinion they could have brought our delay down but there was obviously a speed restriction in our routing or something like that. We were informed that our route would be : Newcastle - Birmingham - West London - Britney (forgive my spelling) - Barcalona and then Palma.

The flight was smooth until we reached france, just as the sun was setting on the right side of the plane, the shadow of the fuselage slowly moved along the wing, which was the best thing of the flight really. Anyway over France i caught sight of the lightning storms below us to the left, i only seen one strike and everyone around was saying it was just the light but im sure it was far to powerful and sudden to be a a/c light.

Coming down to Barca it looked as if we had severly dropped in altitude but it didnt feel like that at all, no ear popping, no stomach feeling as we slowed down, so i was wrong.

The First officer positioned us for runway 24L at Palma, but on the appraoch i noticed that the *flaps didnt go down fully, can anyone shed some light?*
The landing however was smooth and very fast, the reverse and speedbrakes kicked in, taking a while to stop, we left the runway quite swiftly, as there was a BY757 also on the approach. We positioned behind our follow me vehicle and then taxiied a short way to the gate.

Sheduled arrival time: 2320
Actual arrival time: 0013

So, easy, quite good, you got 7 mins back on the delay and you served food which didnt make me sick.

When i say to you quite good im being sarcastic, i havent really explained the situation at NCL in the most detailed way and i havent even started on the cabin crew, which i will not do.

'easyJet, Come on, let's fly' take that literally, simply book, get on and get off, and don't hope for anything else.

Ben

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

So it was far from Easy then LOL. Britney??? LOL youve been watching too much MTV.

Anyway that was a nice report I always enjoy reading about LOCO flights.

Member for

20 years

Thanks Shamrock, anything but easy im afraid!!

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nice report

Member for

20 years 11 months

You know what they say Ben, you only get what you pay for

Member for

20 years 2 months

Thats true Steve. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys may also apply in this situation.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ben, are you sure the Flaps didnt go down full or were you comparing to say a Boeing 737 for flaps as airbus ones are different wth only 4 positions compared to what about 6 or 7 degrees settings on a Boeing.

Member for

20 years

Well we were on a -700 and i think that ranges from 1 - 40 degrees, in 6 or 7 stages and i swear i only seen them move 3 or 4 times, it was dark though.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Well we were on a -700 and i think that ranges from 1 - 40 degrees, in 6 or 7 stages and i swear i only seen them move 3 or 4 times, it was dark though.

They could have set them in stages. You would have landed with either 30/40 degrees of flap as standard. I can't see why they would have used any lower then that.

Flex 35

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good report SST.

Any report on your return leg? :)