BA206 MIA-LHR (return flight)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

We were the last to check in for BA206 at MIA. our gate was A18. We ran with only 20 mins left.

The plane was sitting there waiting for us. We boarded and began push back. The plane was boiling even though it was chucking it down outside, also we were told the power was down on board, that would explain why my PTV wasnt working.

I sat by the window for take off so i could take pics and film, i took a few photos and watched a DC-3 fly over :eek: !! We waited for 15 before taxi began. The captain began to talk to us and said the flight time would be 7 hours 50 mins. The first officer was called Angus something (i can never understand their last name!)

Take off was from runway 8R and was rather smooth, we passed Miami city and south beach, climbed through a thunderstorm to 33,000ft.

We were told that the catering still wasn't back to normal but there still would be a hot meal and a drink service apart from spirits (my dad was upset). Finally the PTVs kicked into action and we were shown the latest BBC world news.

We were heading for St.Johns then a slight right turn to bring us to Heathrow the captain told us.

With 4 hours and 28mins left we were over Halifax at 35,000ft, everyone was trying to get to sleep but they couldnt due to the bad turbulnce (spelling?)
and a screaming baby that randomly let out sudden bursts of crying when she felt like it.

With 2 hours remaining i looked into the isle to see 3 cabin crew around a passenger talking Spanish, the next minuite there was an announcement asking if there was a medical doctor on board the plane, the passenger was obiously ill.

We lined up for landing on 9L in a beutiful morning, the sunrise was amazing to see. Landing was very smooth and we headed for terminal 3, a paramedic came on board the plane for the ill passenger and i recognised him from 'Airport' on TV! Wow i was lucky, i walked past him and smiled :D

Overall very good flights both ways with BA :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 5 months

Hi Will, Great report. I always enjoy flying with BA.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thanks!