MAN-JFK DL155 7th October

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years

Hey Everyone

This is my first trip report on here so hope you enjoy!

Three months after my trip to Japan to see my brother it was time to go with my girlfriend to New York. (ill link my Trip Reports to Japan on here when V-Flyer is working again!)

This holdiay had been approaching for the past 10months! It was exciting to be going back (my 3rd trip) as well as trying out Delta's new service from MAN.

For an extra special treat we stayed at the Radisson SAS the night before which allowed us to check in on the dot at 7.30am. On check in we walked straight to the desks and there was hardly any que and were told of a 2hr delay due to the aircraft being delayed in JFK due to a technical problem :mad:

Ah wellthe dissapointment soon dissapeared as we had been allocated 2E&F which turned out to be the domestic biz class seats :D (I work for SQ in MAN and got talking with my colleagues and they said a lady from DL had mentioned i was on the flight!) So had to say hi to her when i saw her on boarding! Off through security and to buy some things for the flight we had allready had a buffet breakfast at the hotel.

Due to the delay we hung around until our flight was ready, boarding through gate 300A, so onto a bus and a suny jaunt round the apron to the DL 764 looking a little worse for wear round the nose section!

On climbing the steps we turned left (no.1 ambition fullfilled: turn left on entering an aircraft! :D ) As we were in row 2 (bulkhead) we had a fair ammound of room and the seats were very nice (though you could tell they were old), we settled in i got the PSP out ready for the flight and on time (for our delayed time) we pushed back and headed for runway 1. After a powerful takeoff (i liked the whistle of the engines) we climbed out and the skymap started which is always fun to watch the climb. Our personal IFE were started and i watched Cars and another movie i cant remember!

Meals were ok i had a pasta spinach thing for lunch which was enjoyable and a potato thingy for the snack (sorry i cant remember!) Now i dont know if its the way Delta fly their aircraft but we cruised at 32000 ft all the way (my previous trans-atlantic trips always seem to be at 38-40 000ft) But the trip was very bumpy at times making the aircraft roll and bounce around quite alot!

Anyhoo after 7hrs and 45mins we decended into JFK and arrived at Delta's terminal and so began our holiday!

I hope thats ok guys ill post the return trip very soon and ill link my VS reports here too!

Ta
Mark

Original post

Member for

17 years 9 months

did you get any pics?

Member for

18 years 9 months

Glad to hear you enjoyed your flight :)
Nice report there - thank you for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your holiday as well :D

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hmmmm makes me wonder. Our DUB-SNN-JFK flight is consistently delayed. Maybe those 767-400s arnt overly reliable.

Will DL use the 400 next year to MAN. We are loosing it and getting a 300 but its direct in both directions rather than via SNN as is our ATL service.

Do you work for SQ directly or a handling agent. I sometimes say I work for DL but really work for their handling agent :D

Member for

18 years

Yeah New York is an amazing trip this was my 3rd visit and im sure a 4th will soon follow!

The ol pics from the holiday can be found here:
http://public.fotki.com/220883/

i did take over 550 so it may take a while!

Shamrock, yes i do work for SQ directly in Manchester.

Ill post the return trip later. However my VS LHR-NRT-LHR can be found here: http://www.britflyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15161

Enjoy