Malaga 31/12 - 1/7/10

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hi everyone.

Malaga is a popular holiday destination so I thought I would post here some details for you.

Two return tickets to AGP from MAN worked out at an average of £95 per person all in (we shared a hold bag).

The flight out on A320 G-EZTM left on time. The aircraft was clean and the crew were very happy and friendly. Had the hot bacon roll on the outbound leg. Tasty enough for just a few pounds but a bit soggy. This was to be expected as it was warmed up in a plastic bag, but suprisingly tasty none the less.

It was raining quite heavy on our slightly early arrival at AGP. At the south eastern end of the airfield were over a dozen biz and twin turboporps. Also here was a smattering of light aircraft. It was raining too heavy at the time to identify them. In the terminal area were parked just two Monarch Airbus, two Eire o'flot 737s, a single Iberia A320 and an Andalus E145.

We headed straight for our villa as we were heading for a new year party so I didnt have time to explore the Exec-GA terminal.

I visited on the 6 Jan hoping to go into the small aviation museum located next to the Exec-GA terminal. With the usual luck it was closed. 6 Jan is '3 Kings' public holiday in Spain so it was closed. I had a nosy outside the museum. From outside you can see an Iberia DC3 and Kar-Air Convairliner. They wear fictitional registrations of EC-ABC and OY-VKN respectively. The DH Heron that used to be in the museum area is now parked next to the Fire Station and rotting away. The museum is easy to find. Just head for the San-Miguel brewery, its behind this. You can also view part of the GA-Exec ramp from the side of its terminal, although you cant park here.

We went on a drive to find a viewing point. We went onto the Malaga bound dual-carrigeway for one junction and turned off for the village of Churriana. We found a great spot on the 'Calle de Julio Caro Baroja'. Its a small park, with lots of benches to sit on and trees to shade under when the weather gets hot. Its also just 50m walk from a bar. Its a nice place to spend a day spotting from. If your taking photos then a 300mm lens is a minimum. We only stopped for 20 mins or so. Helicopter Traffic from the small military facility was quite intense with EC235s and Bell 212s scooting around. In the 20 mins we were there we noted:

EC-EMH C402
N360CK Cit
D-CCWD Cit XLS
D-CLIC Cit XLS
CS-DRB Hawker 800
EC-KXQ Andalus E145
CS-TMV Portugalia Be1900
D-ABBP/ABBI Air Berlin 737s
G-EZDR Easy A319
OY-IVK Fa900
EI-DEK Aer Lingus A320

Escaping Identity was a Aeroflot A320 and a further Andalus E145. Several Biz were also missed including an Icelandic Do328Jet.

Original post

Member for

16 years 8 months

Our homeward flight was on the 7th and on schedule despite the travel chaos back home. Bag Drop after online (FREE) checkin was quick, so was security. We found that the gates around C50 offered a good view across the ramp and some of the GA-Exec ramp too. Not too many shops and a quite lousy coffee shop are here. The glass was dirty in places and suffered from glare so pictures were not of a good quality.

Noted in the time we were waiting were:

PH-XRW, XRE Transavia 737s
EI-EFV, DWW Eire o'flot 737s
YR-BIC Blue 737
EC-HJI Iberia ATR72
EC-HDT, JFH Iberia A320
G-EZTK Easy A320
LN-KKR Norwegian 737
EC-HQL Vueling A320
EC-GQG Spanair MD80
VQ-BEB Global Express
EI-DVE Aer Lingus A320
EC-JCU Aeronova Sw Metro

Escaping Identity were a brace of Andalus E145s, a Jetairfly 737, Air Berling 737 and Iberia CRJ2.

Member for

16 years 8 months

Return flight was with the same crew, still happy and smiling. Lots of turbulence out of Malaga saw several barfs in the cabin. The sky cleared over Northern France and over the UK so this let us see all the snow as we arrived into MAN.

AGP seems a very bust airport with lost of interesting movements. The park will be a nice place to spend a day or two spotting of you are staying local.

Hope you enjoyed

Steve.

Snaps taken with a compact camera only im afraid:

Attachments

Member for

20 years 11 months

Nice report Steve ..although a few more shots would have enhanced it a bit more

Member for

16 years 8 months

Unfortunatly I was only carrying a pocket-compact. The shots from the terminal were taken through grubby glass in very bad weather conditions so many didnt turn out.

Steve

Member for

14 years 2 months

yeah nice report.

thanks for posting.