Flight Simulator Joystick

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 2 months

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good, cheapish joystick for FS2004.
Thanks in advance.
Samclark

Original post

Member for

14 years 7 months

My joystick is a Logitech X3D works ok in FS2004 less than £20 back in 2002

You don't get good cheap things. Try US websites, I bought my joystick there, you will have a much greater choice, but some may not ship it to the UK.

Member for

20 years 8 months

What's your budget, Sam?

Member for

24 years 3 months

My only comment is that if using it with MSFS one with its own physical trimming controls built in will make your life so much simpler

Moggy

Member for

13 years 6 months

I have a spare Saitek X-52 stick but without the throttle as I use it with my Sidewinder 2.

Just drop me a line.

Jay

Member for

16 years 2 months

Thanks for the response guys. I just want a cheapish one that will turn the aircraft and obviously lift the nose up for take off.

Regards

Member for

12 years 4 months

Hi to all. Been using Microsoft Standard Joystick since 2000. When I upgraded to Windows 7. I started having a few problems so I researched what was available for Windows 7 and FSX. I purchased a Cyborg F.L.Y 5 which I find is great with FSX. Not had any problems so far. Well worth a look if you need a new joystick. I do not play games on my PC. I have never called FS a game. I do however have all scenery packs that are available. Hope to post more as like many others, have a lot to learn.

Member for

16 years 6 months

Joysticks !! More comments.

XMas food digesting--lol !!! So some comments here.

2 Good Joystick sets I've used for some 7 Years now(On-line WW-2 Combat ) are (As mentioned) The Logitech Extreme 3D-Pro and the Saitek X-52 Pro.

I have purchased 1 Saitek X-52 and 3 Logitech Extreme 3D Pro's. And am still flying with the Logitech's. The Saitek caused me many problems at first, as the programming off it's CD caused no end of problems whilst On-line. So I abandoned that and programmed the Stick via the Game,(OK Flt-Sim) which was and still is:- Micro-Soft CFS-3 "Battle for Europe". That did the trick and it worked beautifully for one year till I twisted the stick right off it's centre mounting spindle, trying to avoid a very persistent flier.--LOL !!.
Because of that sticks cost, I moved onto these Logitechs, programming via the same games, Brilliant !!!! Lovely pieces of kit. I wrecked one, am flying with 2nd. and the 3rd. is a waiting spare. Most of our US and Canadian Cousins flying with us On-Line use these Extreme 3D Pro's as well, with about same wreckage rate as myself, but all speak highly of them.

I fully recommend these Extreme 3D Pro Sticks, about £35 from Amazon UK, last time I looked. Hope this helps and enjoy your Flt. Simming.

Bill T.

Member for

12 years 3 months

I borrowed this 3d pro sticks you suggested from my friend and this thing is awesome I have got all the control I need with multiple controller configurations with rapid-fire trigger .I would suggest same to others .

Member for

12 years 3 months

Extreme 3D Pro is a lovely bit of kit for the price