battlefield mods

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Don't suppose anyone can give good links to mods for this game? also are they easy to install,run,plenty of players on them? any type of mods would be welcome.

cheers stu

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Stuart25- You can download all the BF42 mods here:
http://bfmods.myexp.de/?d=0&page=download
Yes they all install automatically, no having to browse for certain folders or anything. You need to install the 1.6 patch for BF42 before these mods will run, you can get that here:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/gamedemo.jsp?state=010010
The most popular is Desert Combat, it is all modern weapons in a Coalition vs Iraq setting. Youll find more DC servers online than for BF42. Eve of Destruction is Vietnam mod and is as good or better than Battlefield Vietnam. Galactic Conquest is a Star Wars game that is better than the Lucas Arts Star Wars series. You can find servers for these mods on Gamespy. Then there is Battlefield 1918 a WW1 mod, it only has 2 singleplay maps but a bunch of maps on their server. The ip address for their server is: 213.202.206.76 Forgotten Hope is a WW2 mod, but much more realistic and has better quality graphics than BF42. Once you try forgotten hope, youll never go back to vanilla BF42. Youll have to do an internet search to find servers for it. Battlefield Pirates is really excellent and actually has a hot air balloon combat map. The ip for that one is: 69.93.124.197 Many of these mods dont have singleplayer mode, so you can only play them online.

Me and Simmer are going online for some Desert Combat and have posted a thread about it called "Battlefield". We will posting some times to meet next week. I suggest using Gamespy as its very easy to join freinds online with their buddy system which is sort of like a instant messenger system for gaming.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mixtec, have you got the eve of destruction mod, I've looked for it everywhere but can't find a release.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ignore that last post I meant point of existense. DC type mod for vietnam, looks amazing but think its still in the early-ish stages.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ignore that last post I meant point of existense. DC type mod for vietnam, looks amazing but think its still in the early-ish stages.

Definately not early-ish stages of release, Eve of Destruction was released before Battlefield Vietnam was even announced. I still think EoD has better maps despite the fact that DICE (BF42s developer) copied the mod. This time around, DICE has hired Trauma studios, the studio that did DC to work on Battlefield 2 with them. I guess DICE has learned their lesson about trying to do one better than mod teams.