FS2004 Squawkbox & Servinfo Trouble, heeeeelp

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Hi guys

Ive not had SB running on FS2004 before but have obviously ran it for a pastime on FS2002, well, I have installed everything correctly etc and have gone over it a thousand times to ensure its all done properly, I can connect to SB, find a server i.e. USA-S1 etc etc, connect to that ok, I get all the relevant writing appear when you first join a server then for some reason when I go to "ATC Directory" to select a frequency all that is there is Unicom and nothing else, I cant see any traffic or anything, I have filed a flight plan and it even appears on the Vatsim website under "Pilots" as it should, I have FSUIPC Version 3.4 but unregistered, this is the only thing I can think of unless anyone else has any ideas?
I have Sygate Firewall as well which I switch off, also the built in WinXP Firewall is off too as I know I could never connect to SB with FS2002 with these engaged, also when I run servinfo I get absolutely no information at all, it wont download any

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Dean.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

to connect SB to FS2004 you need a program called SBRely as you cannot directly connect it. IT can bbe downloaded from VATSIM.net and the new SB 3.0 due out sometime this year will mean you can connect directly.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Andrew

As stated above I have everything installed properly and have gone over it several times

I have now got it working, and servinfo

Dean

Member for

19 years 9 months

Sbrelay is due out definetly...............? before the end of the year !

I have heard in the forums and from some of the testers themselves (only time will tell). Lets hope you resolve the issue soon after that. Meanwhile for Vatsim purposes Fs2002 isn't realy that bad is it ?

Also i could not connect without a registered FSUIPC so maybe this could be the answer ? Worth a try anyway and if you dont want to pay a key shouldn't be to hard to find.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Hi matey

I sorted the problem, I found it by chance on the avsim VATSIM website, someone had the same trouble, basically I had to register my Squawkbox with FSUIPC, theres a button at the bottom of the FSUIPC control panel called "Register Applications", well someone posted the code for this too and voila it worked, like I said above everything was working perfectly apart from the fact that I couldnt see any aircraft or any ATC in the ATC Directory.
Anyway all sorted now, so I should be able to join in with the fly-in :)

Ta for the help anyway

Dean

edited cos I can't spell