JustFlight Spitfire pack

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

Apparently there is a patch on the way... Hopefully with lots of improved textures...

Member for

24 years 3 months

C'mon guys. JF do a pretty good job.

Yes, but my beef is that 'pretty good' isn't what all their pre-publicity promotes it as.

I know it's a bit late for a campaign to put honesty back into advertising, but a promotional push along the lines of - "Here's a load of Spitfire variants we produced ourselves to a quality standard varying from not bad to indifferent" isn't going to do much for sales, but at least it would be honest.

Patch on the way already? :rolleyes:

Moggy

Member for

19 years 2 months

According to correspondance with JF, yes. I think they began to take notice of what people were saying on their forum...

Member for

19 years 2 months

I know it's a bit late for a campaign to put honesty back into advertising, but a promotional push along the lines of - "Here's a load of Spitfire variants we produced ourselves to a quality standard varying from not bad to indifferent" isn't going to do much for sales, but at least it would be honest.

What a nice idea ... and how wonderful if we could get all software publishers to go along with a bit of honesty?

Trouble is that we do need *all* to take this idea on board and the standard across the board seems to be hype it up. In that respect JF are certainly not the worst offender ...

Member for

19 years 2 months

According to correspondance with JF, yes. I think they began to take notice of what people were saying on their forum...

Doh... Seems I was proved wrong...

If nobody minds too much id like to step in and have the last word on this as I don’t think the discussion is going anywhere. The Spitfire has been out for a little while now and we are now in a better position to gauge how it has been received and to look closely at feedback from users to determine whether any changes need to be made. The biggest problem with releasing a Spitfire package is that for a lot of users the Spitfire is a emotive aircraft and everyone has their own idea of what a Mk22 should look like in terms of squadron markings etc. Whenever people have pointed out that a particular marking is "incorrect" (as has happened now with most of the Spits) we have taken it to the developers responsible for the paint job and they have backed it up with proof that on the particular day their reference material was obtained - whether it was from a book or data they collected themselves - that was how the Spit looked. Remember that Spitfires where frequently repainted and also its pretty rare to find two Spitfires painted exactly the same anyway.

Hunhunter - Although your repaint of the BBMF Spit does look good it is the view of Just Flight and the developers that the colour scheme on that particular model is historically correct. I know you will point me back to the picture you posted but to me if you compare the colour and hue of the buildings and sky in the background they look very pale and washed out, when you compare this to how buildings and sky look in FS then it looks very washed out in comparison. Again this is a colour scheme that has varied a great deal over the years. We are very grateful for the feedback though so please feel free to point out anything further that you may come across. Thanks guys

The underlined part is particularly amusing as this is making reference to AB910, and its desert camouflage. It was only repainted in this scheme two or three years ago was it not? (edit - winter 2002/3). Sounds like they're not entirely sure what they're talking about... :(