FS2002

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

After my rather unhappy post regarding computer power :rolleyes: just wondering if anyone still uses FS2002. I still think theres life in it with some decent weather textures and a whole host of AI!

Anyone else agree?

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

I've been using FS2002 since I got it in January and I've never got bored of it, although I would like FS2004 in the future :)

Member for

18 years 7 months

I also have FS2002, i would like to have FS2004 though as there is a wider choice of downloads from Avsim etc.

Member for

19 years 10 months

I also have FS2002, i would like to have FS2004 though as there is a wider choice of downloads from Avsim etc.

Alot of FS2004 Aircraft available from Avsim actually work well in FS2002, they do for me anyway :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

FS 2002 on my old HD, as i used it for all online flying, but FS2004 now firmly in control, after initial doubts when i bought back in Chicago on the day of release in the US in a metal tin back in August 2003 :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

I use fs2002 and I am happy with it

Member for

18 years 6 months

I've been using FS2002 since I got it in January and I've never got bored of it, although I would like FS2004 in the future :)

I've also been using it, and I think its very good. I got the pro edition back in Christmas 03. Before that we had a rubbish computer so I had to settle with 95!

I would also like FS2004 in the future. I have Traffic2004, and want a better range of aircraft/airlines than the 2002 version I currently use.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I have just recently switched from 02 to 04.

Is it worth switching or not?

Member for

20 years 1 month

All depends on the system you have. Thought the box says that you only need a 450MHz processor, and min 64MB Ram, thats just when everything and i mean everything is at the "Very low". I like eye-candy, so Autogen and scenery, and model is a must for me, and my system now gets me about 70 frames per second (the golden word) with scenery, add-ons etc.

no point buying it if all settings are at "very Low" or it would feel that you are back on to FS 5!!

Member for

18 years 6 months

There isn't a 'huge' difference between 02 and 04. The main differences I have noticed are:

The weather - Much more detailed and more realistic.
ATC - More realistic aswell, e.g. you get clearance to a certain altitude, you can create IFR plans inflight, you can change your IFR destination inflight.
Airports - Better taxiways to gate etc.

Plus the downloads you can get from FS sites for 04 are much better than 02.

If you have the money I would buy it. But I don't think it's a 'must have'.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only got it because it was gift.

All depends on the system you have. Thought the box says that you only need a 450MHz processor, and min 64MB Ram, thats just when everything and i mean everything is at the "Very low". I like eye-candy, so Autogen and scenery, and model is a must for me, and my system now gets me about 70 frames per second (the golden word) with scenery, add-ons etc.

no point buying it if all settings are at "very Low" or it would feel that you are back on to FS 5!!

Member for

18 years 8 months

I have both '02 and '04. I think '04 is mutch mutch better but in some perspectives '02 is better.

I think you should have a look at both flight simulators, but if you go for the best graphics, go for FS 2004

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've been using FS2002 since June 2004 - it was the first thing I bought for my computer, even before I got the computer. It is annoying when so many nice downloads are for FS2004, but I still manage to find nice things for 2002 and the VAs still offer compatible software. But the VAs dictate when I will change over - once they stop offering compatible software then I will have to upgrade to the newer version. Already Austrian have said they will no longer support FS2002 but the software they use at the moment is 2002 compatible so no worries just yet.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Got to say I has FS2002 up until a couple of month ago, i prefer 2004 a lot more But i never had a problem with 2002!