Screenshot graphics

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Some of the FS2004 screenshots are of such clarity that I was wondering what graphics card you might be using. I run Widows XP Home with Athlon XP2600 CPU, 2048 MB RAM, and 256MB GEFORCE FX-5600SE graphics card.
In FS2000 I don't always get decent frame rates, and the graphics are nowhere near as good as those on this forum.
Anyone got any suggestions, I have a budget of £200 for upgrading.
Regards from
Geoff.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Not sure actually what came with this PC in June. Imgame graphics are second to none, but for some reason it doesnt come out in the screenshots, i beleive thats due to JPEG compression. Spend wisely tho. Nvidia are a good name in GFX Cards

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not sure actually what came with this PC in June. Imgame graphics are second to none, but for some reason it doesnt come out in the screenshots, i beleive thats due to JPEG compression. Spend wisely tho. Nvidia are a good name in GFX Cards

Mine was/is an nvidia card, but like I said in another thread, I can't use the bloody thing because I don't have an AGP slot to put it in.. grr.. :mad:

Member for

18 years 3 months

I'm not very technical myself;

But I have a P4 2.80Ghz with Windows XP, and I spent a lot of money buying some extra RAM (now I have 1.5GB RAM). Bought an NVidea graphics card for £140, and it allows me to use up to 3 monitors (2 CRT + 1 TFT - only use 2 CRT's currently).

For FS it brings stable frame rates, betwen 15-30 with all the settings on MAX! Worth the investment, and it pays off when flying VFR. As for commercial FS flights, it all depends on the level of scenery add-ons you have. With a bit of tweaking you can get it just right.

Regards,
Martyn.

Member for

20 years 9 months

In FS2000 I don't always get decent frame rates, and the graphics are nowhere near as good as those on this forum.

there's your problem. are you sure you mean FS2000 and not FS2004 or FS2002? if you have FS2000 then no wonder your graphics aren't very good.

Mine was/is an nvidia card, but like I said in another thread, I can't use the bloody thing because I don't have an AGP slot to put it in.. grr.. :mad:

Michael, do mean that the AGP slot is actually broken off?, or did the computer's motherboard simply not come with one? you might have a 'PCI-Express' slot instead of an AGP slot which would explain your problem.

Member for

18 years 10 months

My old PC didn't even have an AGP slot, but it did have older PCI slots (NOT PCI-Express).
I brought a Nvidia FX 5200 128MB PCI card for about £50. You can get them even cheaper now.

This was a brilliant card for the money, and returned constant frame rates in the lower 20's.

:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

My old PC didn't even have an AGP slot, but it did have older PCI slots (NOT PCI-Express).
I brought a Nvidia FX 5200 128MB PCI card for about £50. You can get them even cheaper now.

This was a brilliant card for the money, and returned constant frame rates in the lower 20's.

:)

It seems that this is the case with my computer. Its about 6 or 7 months old and doesn't have AGP or PCI-Express. It does obviously have PCI and I managed to track down a decent enough card for £65 - 256mb, too. :)