Yak 52

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 5 months

I'm not normally one for buying payware aeroplanes for the sim, but last week purchased from simmarket, a Yak-52. I for one am very pleased with the aeroplane and find it a true replica of the real thing. (Although I cant say that much about that as have only flown in two examples). Its truly on a par with the wonderful Yak-18T which is available as freeware and shows the same kind of traits...took me ages to get it started!!

But I am pleased with it and look forward to many hours cavorting around the skies.

Best wishes,

Martin

Original post

Member for

19 years 1 month

I've bought many payware aircraft and they are sometimes of variable quality but have to admit I was quite dissapointed with this one. The model looks very nice and flies well enough but it feels unfinished, take a look at the 2d sub panels: the radio panel is unpopulated (just a blank square!) The VC is nicely executed but I find I have to adjust the viewing position every time as the default position has the outside of the canopy on show ! Also the VC view seems very low to the ground considering the real aircraft has such a long under carriage. The manual is waste of space as well, it would have been nice to see some sort of checklist or start up sequence, in the end I jsut gave up and used ctrl+E, most unlike me !

It's a real shame they have released the aircraft in such an unfinished state. It's got real potential, but as it is it really doesn't match up to my expectations for a payware aircraft. This is the first aircraft I've paid for that hasn't lasted a week on my hard drive.

Just my thoughts of course !

Bruce

Member for

18 years 5 months

[QUOTE='lectra]
Just my thoughts of course !

Bruce[/QUOTE]

I hope it wasnt my comments that made you purchase the aeroplane, if so I do apologise. I was only interested in her as have some experience in the real thing and so wanted to try and 'emulate' the real aeroplane. I'm not one for 2D views and only use the VC, so perhaps I havent explored it as much as I should have done. But I instead the points you have made and agree with them now (especially having to keep altering the seat position). One thing I've found is that the 52 keeps getting overstressed and I'm only doing mild aeros.

Now, my opinion has somewhat changed, so if it lasted one week on your PC, lets see how long it lasts on mine. Think it might become a virtual hangar queen with the odd airing to clean off the dust!!

Best wishes,

Martin

Member for

24 years 2 months

Big grin.

Ten years back I part owned a 52. At the time I started my conversion it seemed a fearsome beast (The most powerful thing I was signed-off on at that time being a Seneca)

As the conversion and then ownership went on I realised that, as long as you didn't do anything stupid or sloppy it is a real pussy cat.

Yesterday I got my chance to renew my experience of the type when a friend let me try a few aeros over Grafham water in his example. It gets better with time. I'm now really missing mine.

However at 40-60 litres of £1.40 / litre Avgas every hour I think I might resist the temptation for a while, and maybe the sim is the way to go.

But. The big question is..

"Does the sim go 'Clunk! Clank! Hiss! Clunk! Hiss!' when you taxi it?

Moggy

Member for

18 years 5 months

Big grin.

But. The big question is..

"Does the sim go 'Clunk! Clank! Hiss! Clunk! Hiss!' when you taxi it?

Moggy

Ummm no it doesnt. God, do I miss that sound. Only went in two examples David Gilmour's RA9111505 and the Titan Airways LY-ALT.

Perhaps I too need to find a reminder soon?

Martin

Member for

24 years 2 months

Mine was RA02050

The weekend's example was on the 'G'. I didn't write it down as the time isn't loggable.

Moggy

Member for

19 years 1 month

Ok guys, enough ! I'm jealous !

Martin, don't worry I bought the sim Yak of my own volition. I'm lucky really thats it's the first really duff add on I've bought but I purchased it on impulse.

I'm not saying it's all bad, there's potential for a great add on but it the mean time I'm back to flying the Carenado T34 Mentor...

Bruce

Member for

18 years 5 months

[QUOTE='lectra]Ok guys, enough ! I'm jealous !

Martin, don't worry I bought the sim Yak of my own volition. I'm lucky really thats it's the first really duff add on I've bought but I purchased it on impulse.

I'm not saying it's all bad, there's potential for a great add on but it the mean time I'm back to flying the Carenado T34 Mentor...

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Phew...thats ok then (was beginning to worry that it was all my fault!). I've bought a few duff ones in the past and as you mention the T-34 think brings back memories. I flew one in the States a few years ago and wanted to replicate it on the sim and so bought the Alphasim version. Thinks now might have to get the Carendo one!!

Best wishes,

Martin

Member for

19 years 1 month

The Carenado one is a lovely model, on par with all of their recent work. I'd love to see them depart a little from spam cans though, isn't it about time we had a decent T6 for FS ?

Bruce

Member for

18 years 8 months

Whooo! Nice plane!

I'd like to see a repaint in the colors of RA3326K :D

Member for

18 years 5 months

[QUOTE='lectra]The Carenado one is a lovely model, on par with all of their recent work. I'd love to see them depart a little from spam cans though, isn't it about time we had a decent T6 for FS ?

Bruce[/QUOTE]

FS2004 is crying out for a decent T-6, But IMHO there hasnt been a worthy replica yet. I was (suppose still am) a Beta Tester for the Aeroworx T-6G and this is by far the best T-6 that I have ever seen. The attention to detail and the flight model were second to none. But who knows when it will be released perhaps never...

Aeroplane Heaven are meant to be building one, but I'm not allowed to help and from what I've seen of it, it needs a little shall we say cultivating before it is released.

Martin

Member for

19 years 1 month

The aeroworx one sure looked gorgeous. It's a shame it's on hold, especially considering what it's on hold for, a bloody light twin :S

Bruce

Member for

18 years 5 months

[QUOTE='lectra]The aeroworx one sure looked gorgeous. It's a shame it's on hold, especially considering what it's on hold for, a bloody light twin :S

Bruce[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather the delay was due to a change of policy within the company, but I agree on the fact that it was 'delayed' for something as menial as the Baron. There are enough good quality GA types out there already. Do we really need another one, when we are crying out for a decent T-6 (Harvard).

It is by far the best flightsim aeroplane that I have EVER 'flown'. I always had and have a respect for the real thing and virtually do with this replica. It is by far the only aeroplane that I have really had to think what I was doing with when sat infront of the screen. Hopefully work will start again soon and you will all be able to find out for yourselves what I am wittering on about.

Martin