Aircraft Downloads from Avsim

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

To all fellow enthusiasts, Good Day !

If anyone can help me with my query as below, I'd appreciate it very much.

Problem -
I've tried downloading 2 files from Avsim - Air India 747-300 and 400 series ai743aic and ai744aic in zip format. After downloading and extracting files to target folder (MSFS-2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER), all related files show intact - which should mean that the files should work ?

So here's the major problem - I can't see the aircraft in my MSFS simulation panel (where you get to choose your a/c). The only choice I have is that of the default a/c.

SO.. am I doing something wrong here or is there another way to show downloaded a/c in my MSFS choice panel?

Any help / assistance would be VERY, VERY much appreciated.

Thanks & REgds
Dandpatta
(Hong Kong)

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

HI Ringway,

Thanks for the suggested links. I did download from those two links but again I'm hitting the same problem. MSFS2004 does not show the downloaded a/c in the choice of a/c to choose from.

Wonder if you (or others) tell me what is that I am doing wrong in the post download process?

Help awaited

Cheers
Dand

Member for

19 years

Ahh I know what your doing wrong... I think!

OK - When you download your file just open it, don't extract it. For this example I will use the POSKY 744 Air India...

Now, when it has downloaded follow these steps. Go into My Computer then into the (C: ) drive then Program Files and then Microsoft Games. After you've done that go into your main FS2004 folder, it will be called FS9 or FS2004. When you have done that go into your Aircraft folder and then leave that open... Go back to your download and open the file, when you have done that copy the file Opensky_747_400p-_pw_paint_kit into your aircraft folder. Now you should be done so close the files and open MSFS.

Hope that helps. If you need any help send me a PM.

Cheers,
Sam :)