FS Slowwwwdown

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 2 months

I've just disabled a feature in the BIOS that reduces the power to the CPU if the temperature is getting too high and i buzzed around for 10-15 minutes perfectly fine ultra high settings locked at 30.

Only reason why I stopped was because the CPU temp shot up to 70. I thinK I've found my problem (I think for the 382 time!!!)

Member for

19 years 2 months

That seems to have done it.

Deano: Massive thank you for the help you gave me, it did help to diagnose the problem and your assistance was very much appreciated!

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi Murph

Apologies for not responding till now, I have been busy doing my IR, glad you have it sorted, that was the next thing I was going to get you to try, was going to go through the BIOS, but anyway, good spot. If I can be of assistance at all please shout up

Rgds

Dean

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hello guys. Just bought myself a copy of FSX and I seem to be having similar problems. I've also just bought a brand new E-Machines computer with Windows Vista and it runs perfectly fine and fast, but I installed FSX and it is very slow loading... I haven't even had the chance to fly yet! Just ordered a 256MB NVidea 7600GS so I'm hoping that makes a difference. I'm guessing that the graphics are too much to handle for the current video card? The game installed fine, it's just when I load to the main screen that it starts to be very slow and jittery. Any suggestions?

Any help will be muchly appreciated!:)

Sam!

Member for

19 years 2 months

FSX is pretty much a frame-rate killer anyway. I struggle to get 20 on medium high settings with the D820, 1 gig ram and 7600GS.

Member for

17 years 1 month

FSX frame rates

I have NVIDIA GS7600GT and 2 GB RAM. What I found helped considerably was putting the frame rate slider to 'unlimited'. The 2 GB RAM helped somewhat too.

Having said that, while flying is smooth enough, taxiing is also smooth except when turning sharply (I know I shouldn't) and at the end of a flight once I'm off the runway. Then it's a bit jerky and no matter what I adjust it stays the same.

FS2004 on the other hand operates as smooth as silk the whole time. But it doesn't have the traffic that makes such a difference to the exprience and neither does it have the intensity of colour in the scenery.

Oh what a dilemma Microsoft has presented us with!

Hope it helps.

John Y

Member for

16 years 11 months

Red Baron.

Some time ago I puchased the Red Baron, World War 1 FS. It was a great piece of kit, but when I upgraded to Windows XP, it would'nt run. I have looked at some of the patches that are available but they are too complicated for my aged brain. Do any of you know of a patch that would help me.

Ken

Member for

17 years

All FS programs I have used have been slow loading. Nothing new!!!