help

Profile picture for user T-ROGG

Member for

12 years 10 months

my son is trying to install fsx on his pc .he has tried the cd drive ..doesnt pick up disk ..check drive in my computer .nothing shown tried in dvd drive .and my computer recognises fsx disk1 ..but does not auto run dvd drive is samsung sd-616f running win xp sp2 loads fine on my pc cd drive works as we used it to install new graphics card drivers dvd works as he watches dvd on it please help ..doing my head in :eek:
Original post
Profile picture for user Deano

Member for

16 years 2 months

T-ROGG I have had issues where my CD drive has vanished from "My Computer", a simple restart sorts that out, failing that, put it back in the other drive and then go to My Computer, double click the drive, then when the window comes up double click on the exe file which should be labelled something like "FSX", this will also be a small icon file, then install from there Dean :edited: mate sorry, I meant to say a "simple restart" not "re-install"
Profile picture for user T-ROGG

Member for

12 years 10 months

thanks Deano tried all that my computer just sits for a while with the egg timer .. then says not responding did some reasearch on the dvd rom itself and looks like this is a firmware issue think its time to change the dvd rom for 1 i know works thanks for the reply good forum my boy loves it gets some good advise and stuff keep it up :diablo:
Profile picture for user Canberra man

Member for

12 years 6 months

Red Baron Hi While I was still using Windows 98, I purchased a flight sim called Red Baron, it was a brilliant sim but when I moved up to Windows XP it refused to work.I believe it to be American but remastered in UK by "Sold Out". Is there anything that can be done? Ken