Help please

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 1 month

I've just downloaded the Altititude FS Enhancer for FS9 but as far as I can see it's made no difference at all. I know it's in the program and thought that it would at least enhance the scenery and provide more traffic which is what on the box it claims to do, or do I have to actually click something over the area I'm taxxiing or flying before it actually enhances anything?

Neither can I find out anywhere in the FS9 learning centre how to use the 'slew' command feature even though it appears in the glossary. When I press 'Y' on the keyboard all it gives are the details of the current flight and left or right clicking with the mouse does nothing.

As usual, I'm sure there will be an expert out there willing to give me advice please.

One of these days perhaps I may actually know something someone else doesn't and be able to start returning some of the advice so freely and willingly given to me over the last few months.

John Y

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi John

From what I can gather with this program it is actually an enhancer that you have to physically "make work", what I mean by this is that it is you that adds the scenery that you want to see, so if you add nothing then obviously you will see nothing. It is basically a scenery editing tool.

Dean

Member for

17 years 1 month

2004 enhancer

Hi Deano

Ah well, I suppose you only get what you pay for. It was supposed to be £9.99 in PC World and when they swiped it, it came up as 97p!

What I'm really after is an add-on that will give me the sort of ground traffic you get in FSX. You know the sort of thing. Vehicles running along the roads and service vehicles and cars running around the airports. It'll give FS 2004 a lot more realism.

Any ideas?

By the way. Have you found a job yet?

Sorry to be so cheeky.

Best wishes

John Y

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hi John

Unfortunately I don't know of any add-on that will give you that specifically, however, there are a few add-ons that will give you airport specific ground traffic, but this generally comes as a bit of a novelty with the package, I think something like "world airports 2004" gives you some ground vehicles but it isn't that great and is generally a processor drain.
I'll keep my eye out and shout up if I see anything.

As far as job hunting is going, well I have a recommendation to a major UK carrier, this recommendation is held in high regard, I just have to wait for the phone call, I am banking on it being towards the end of the summer. It's kind of strange, because I have had the fATPL since March and I haven't sent out a single CV yet, mainly due to the recommendation. In the meantime I am doing a Flight Instructor's Course so I will be instructing within a few weeks.

Speak soon

Dean

Member for

19 years 1 month

John,

I think you'll find FS Enchancer is a simple scenery design add on, the idea being that you can enhance the FS scenery by placing new objects in the FS environment without having to learn complex scenery design software.

The 'SLEW' command is simple, just press Y and use the flight controls (your joystick) to move your aircraft to the desired place. The 'Q' and 'A' keys adjust your altitude.

Member for

16 years 11 months

Red Baron.

Is there actually a Red Baron FS on the market that works on Windows XP. I was dissapointed when found it did'nt work. I can't spend a lot either, at 76 and on basic pension, money does'nt go far.

Ken. (Canberra man)

Member for

17 years 1 month

Lago FS Enhancer

Thanks Dean & 'Lectra. I think I'll dump it. I wrote to Lago and have received no reply so I can't even get a registration key. Maybe they've gone out of business.

Thanks anyway.

Ken, I don't want to be unkind but you've started an entirely separate and different discussion which has no bearing on the subject we've been talking about.

You may get more success and an answer to your question about 'Red Baron' if you start your own thread.

Best wishes to you all, especially the ever helpful Dean. I hope the flying instructing goes well for you mate. You never know, you may enjoy it even more than the job you're really after!

John Y

Member for

20 years 7 months

John

No worries at all, we're here to help ;)

That's a shame that it wasn't what you were after, hopefully with the FSX patch you can enjoy a few more ground vehicles etc.

I'm sure the instructing will be "interesting", especially after some of the things my CFI tells us what the students "get up to", should make good clean fun :D
Hopefully I won't be instructing long, I should get an interview with the recommendation within 10 weeks touch wood.

Ken
Sorry but I couldn't find one either, will a baron in MS Flight Sim suffice? if so there are a few downloads available.

Dean

Member for

19 years 1 month

I wrote to Lago and have received no reply so I can't even get a registration key. Maybe they've gone out of business.

I don't thinks so but that does seem to be standard for LAGOs standard of customer service these days. I used to buy a lot of their products when they published the Georender series. Things really seem to have gone downhill of late.

Bruce