FS-X Service Pack 1 Released

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 1 month

I'm suprised noone has picked up on this but MS have released 'a targeted set of content and performance fixes' for FS-X

Reports so far are good.

Details and download can be found a http://www.fsinsider.com

Be warned though, they recommend patching a clean install only

Bruce

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Sure is, and I patched mine last night, and oh baby its much better! Still FPS jumping around, but hopefully those are due to my Proccessor's work load it had last night!

Member for

17 years 2 months

'Lectra

Yes, I've just downloaded it today and flew the Learjet from Southampton Intnl to Bristol Filton (I need the runway space as I'm still learning to control the damn thing!) and I thought there was some improvement but I can't really put my finger on it except the whole experience seemed so much smoother.

By the way, you mentioned frame rate. I used to have it at 'unlimited' as recommended in an article published in FS Pilot magazine but I moved it back to 25. It was an improvement but still somewhat jerky especially when taxiing after landing, but today there was none of that and the whole thing was more like FS2004 but with the advantages! I really like the realism of having ground vehicles and road traffic, and of course the scenery even at the left biased settings I suppose we all have to use is so much more vibrant.

Sorry. Am I going on a bit?

I do so hope that they've cured the wobbly program a bit though so that it doesn't refuse to open occasionally, and for me at any rate, meant that I had to reload the whole damn thing and lost all my records and rewards. It happened so much that I now no longer bother with them. I just keep a schedule of flights accomplished now.

John Y

Member for

19 years 1 month

Well, having run FS-X with SP1 for a few days I have to say I'm impressed with the improvements.

I can now run the game @1440x900 with mostly medium settings and get good performance. I do still have most of the traffic options turned off and still run into stutters in areas with hight building density but it's a massive improvement. I suspect upgrading to 2Gb of RAM will make life smoother still but time will tell.

Its a shame the sim wasn't this good on release as the bugs have put a lot of folk off but I'm a happy bunny now !

Bruce

Member for

17 years 2 months

Yes it's good.

When Microsoft publish the next one, as they undoubtedly will, I just hope we don't have to once again re-install the program to get back to a 'clean' situation!

Best wishes

John Y