FSX Repaints

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Hi,

Any idea how do i go about repainting aircraft in FSX? :confused:

I used a rather crude method in FS2002, namely editing texture files in 'Paint'. I'm not sure how to go about doing the same in FSX as the files don't seem editable.

Cheers

Original post

Member for

19 years 1 month

Hi,

Any idea how do i go about repainting aircraft in FSX? :confused:

I used a rather crude method in FS2002, namely editing texture files in 'Paint'. I'm not sure how to go about doing the same in FSX as the files don't seem editable.

Cheers

Sorry for the late reply, have had a busy month, including having to hand carry some parts to the Teesside Power Plant (a nice 4 day break from the Orlando, FLorida heat)

The default FS-X textures are in "dds" format. Nvidia has a plugin for photoshop, but you can also use Microsoft's latest "imagetool.exe" to convert the files. Many repainters also use Martin Wright's DXTBMP program to convert the textures.

Abacus Publishing just released FSRepaint! 2, compatible both with FS2004 and FS-X. THe advantage is that you can see a rendered model and, when using the default FSRepaint editor, see your changes as you make them. You can also have the program send the textures to your favorite paint/editing program to take advantage of more editing features.