ww2 flight sim

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 9 months

hi all

could anyone tell me a good ww2 flight sim,i have just got blazing angels for playstation 3 but cant get on it because the children are hogging it lol,so i would like to get a sim for the computer.

regards phill

Original post

Member for

17 years 6 months

It has to be Pacific fighters part of the IL2 Series, You can get them as a box set now and are highly recomended.

Or the greatest flight sim has to be Combat Flight Simulator 3 :eek:

Member for

15 years 9 months

ww2 sim

thanks for the help i will have a look on play.com as i think they have combat flight sim 3 on there.
regards phill

Member for

24 years 3 months

Or the greatest flight sim has to be Combat Flight Simulator 3 :eek:

Has it improved massively then?

I loaded it up when it launched, got so frustrated and angry both with its operation issues and its pathetic content that I wiped the whole lot after a couple of months.

For example: I started with the Battle of France and was tasked with bringing a damaged, early Mark Hurricane home to the UK.

Somewhere over the Pas de Calais I was shot down by the flak defences around a V1 launching site there :rolleyes: (V1 in 1940?)

Plus, even in 1944, there appears to be a significant Kreigsmarine fleet in being, and patrolling the Channel.

The historical fantasies would have been liveable with if the flight models were a patch on the IL2 / Pacific Fighters ones, but they weren't.

So has it improved that much? Really?

Moggy