Can we have the old forum back

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

Whenever a forum is updated to a new version with a change in format, invariably several people will speak up and complain about it. I've seen this on several forums and usually it dies down eventually as people become accustomed to the new layout. I guess it's similar to your favourite pub redecorating inside. After a while you get used to it and realise that it's still the same beers that are on tap.

Key hosts this forum at their expense, and I realise that going through an upgrade to a new version of the forum software, including the customisation to have it fit within the main Key sites and have the various links above and beneath the main forum page is most likely an expensive undertaking. So from me: Thank you!

I've found that my avatar had disappeared from my posts. Reuploading the same image to the relevant page in my profile sorted this issue.

Another thing I noted: not all the smilies are available in the editor. A lot of them show as BBcode only without an image. I haven't checked if they do appear correctly in a post.

Member for

7 years 4 months

I'll take a look at the avatar issue.

The smilies have now been fixed.

Member for

5 years 7 months

I like the new forum. I like it when everyone updates

Member for

16 years 8 months

It seems that my browser took against the forum in its new format. Every time I tried to access it through bookmarks, the browser warned me off stating that that the site was incorrectly configured. I've now deleted the old bookmark and added a new one - which seems to have resolved the problem.

I've also found the site to be rather slow uploading - but that could be down to my PC and/or browser. I'm not, at present, altogether comfortable with the new format - but that may be because I'm getting on and because, perhaps, I'm suffering from 'old slippers' syndrome. No doubt I'll get used to it given time.

Member for

18 years 9 months

i dont like the new forum either, its much slower then the last one.
i would like the old one back!
if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Member for

5 years 9 months

Sorry,but i still don't like the new forum. To quote Nils, if it aint broke, don;'t fix it!! Bring back the old one.