"New" Forum issues.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

If you want to quote a previous post, yes.

Or they can reinstate the quote function and stop punishing everyone for the sins of a few...

Member for

18 years 8 months

this forum is still horrible, it takes forever to post a simple reply and its F-CK-1ng slow!
i thought after more then a month this issue was resolved bit its still terrible and i get constant error messages!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I posted a reply, no pictures, a few minutes ago. A preview was instantly displayed and posting took a few seconds of "churning". The thread was immediately updated with my post. Not that bad, I think!

Member for

14 years 8 months

This forum seems to be circling the drain, not been able to log on for 2 days.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Where are the notifications of responses to subscribed threads? I've asked several times already, but no reply so far. Thanks

Member for

7 years 3 months

These will be switched back on tomorrow. They were switched off after the update temporarily.

Member for

7 years 3 months

Where are the notifications of responses to subscribed threads? I've asked several times already, but no reply so far. Thanks

The notifications have now been switched back on.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Thanks jamesm - I got this notification. Most grateful.

What I would like now is to get a link to "latest unread post" - very useful to see if there is something new in a thread. I appreciate your efforts in this difficult moment!!

Member for

7 years 3 months

We have added a modification to the forum so that the topic title in each forum should take you to the first unread post or the last post in the thread if there are no unread posts.

James

Member for

18 years 1 month

OK, I'll try it. The forum is getting back to something like its old self. There are still a few bits to go. Notably speed, but that seems to vary. Keep up the good work! Thanks

Member for

18 years 8 months

this forum is still horrible, it takes forever to post a simple reply and its F-CK-1ng slow!
i thought after more then a month this issue was resolved bit its still terrible and i get constant error messages!

Member for

11 years 3 months

Hi guys,

I've posted a couple of times today and found it has taken over 10 minutes to display the post. After my first post I tried to add some additional info by way of an Edit but the post simply re-loaded without the additional info! General browsing/ page loading time seems to have really improved though (for me, anyway).

Member for

11 years 3 months

Typically, the above post took mere seconds to load! Yet every post I've put on Historic recently has taken several minutes. Is there a "saturation point" where a forum can get overfull?

Member for

20 years 9 months

...and the page is still floating!

Member for

16 years 7 months

Am I able to claim a record? This morning I posted on the 'Missing Aircraft' thread on the historic forum. After typing the text and hitting the 'post reply' button I went downstairs and made a cup of coffee. I then brought the coffee upstairs to my office and the little blue circle was still rotating and my post hadn't appeared in the body of the thread. Not until a few sips of my coffee later did it appear. Can anyone better that?

Edit: yet, wierdly, the above post appeared in seconds!

Member for

11 years 3 months

You claiming the record, AA? How quick do you run up those stairs? :) Took my posts 13 minutes to load the other day.
Yes I found too that this forum loads in seconds which made me wonder if the Historic forum is reaching capacity. I'm no computer expert though and don't know if that's how these things work.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Ah, but I had to roast and grind the beans first - so let's say about an hour! ;)

Member for

11 years 3 months

Lol...Well, I seriously hope nobody can "better" that! :)

Member for

11 years 4 months

Seems that Brexit is in progress. The availability of Key Publishing Forums is worse than ever here on the continent. What happens?

Member for

16 years 5 months

This is just an unusable forum now for me. I would look for some info on what went wrong, but it would take all day with these page load times.