Mouldy plane abandoned at airport.

Profile picture for user Newforest

Member for

14 years 6 months

Wayne Newton (who I personally cannot stand) left his plane at a Detroit airport for three years. Any one know what the plane is? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8500206.stm
Original post
Profile picture for user TheMightyOz

Member for

11 years

I've never heard of him, but after just seeing a picture of him I can't stand him either!
Profile picture for user low'n'slow

Member for

13 years 1 month

Oakland Press report on mouldy Fokker....
Attachment Size
doc4b6a9a2627a21224891150.jpg 24.7 KB
Profile picture for user J Boyle

Member for

14 years 11 months

I saw the wire story but it didn't say what kind of plane it was. I was imagining some sort of obsolete/uneconomical to fly/maintain/restore old biz jet. I can't say that I've ever heard of a Fokker 100 as a bizjet. Seems like it would be worth something...unlike turbojet Lears, Jet Commanders, ancient Sabreliners, etc.

Member for

15 years 7 months

I think you will find it is this one. When they designed this aircraft, they threw away the mould, but some grew back.
Profile picture for user Bograt

Member for

16 years 6 months

"The airplane was flown into the airport five years ago, but spent two years at a nearby shop undergoing $2 million worth of repairs and interior renovations." Looks like Mr.Newton's spent about the same amount on repairs and renovations to his phizog.....:p
Profile picture for user spitfireman

Member for

14 years 4 months

I think you will find it is this one. When they designed this aircraft, they threw away the mould, but some grew back.
:D:D (I got it!)