50th Anniversary Bash

Member for

9 years 6 months

Pilots from the Anglian region might be interested to know that Seething Airfield, Norfolk, are celebrating 50 years of private flying with a 2 day bash - 5th and 6th June. Looks interesting. here's the web link: http://www.seething-airfield.com/flyin2010.php
Original post
Profile picture for user helicopterdcr

Member for

11 years 10 months

Old Buckenham have a pre-1965 Vintage Aircraft fly-in on the same weekend...

Member for

9 years 6 months

What a great choice for pilots! Personally, I would fly to Old Buck first, just to satisfy my curiosity. Then hop over to Seething, and hope to win the free fuel prize. I must say Seething Sounds the more interesting event, especially for post 1965 aircraft (not necessarily the pilots!). Their museum on-site is a must see. All the above totally unbiased of course ;) I'll post more specific information about the event when I have it. P.

Member for

9 years 6 months

Seething 50th Anniversary Bash Here we are with more specific info regarding the Seething Airfield, 50th Bash. This section applies to anyone connected with Seething since 1960. Names required in advance. There’s a list in the club house or you can e-mail [email]50@seething-airfield.com[/email] or call 07855 791144. SATURDAY Hangar Commemoration and Reunion Buffet Lunch 12.00 – 12.30 Congregate outside Hangar Five 12.30 Hangar Opening & Commemoration (Suzie Fowler-Watt & Alex Dunlop) 13.00 Buffet Lunch with Live background music by Airwave. ========================================= This section applies to everyone else! 15.00 Saturday Sleepover Fly-In Aircraft are invited to fly-in and camp overnight 19.00 Saturday Night BBQ Bash Barbeque Live Music from Lowrider (soft rock) Camping Available for the brave! We need to make a nominal charge to cover food and the band (£10) ========================================================= Sunday all comers.. SUNDAY WFG50 Fly In A general fly-in Camper's Breakfast 09.00 WFG50 Fly In Competitions BBQ Lunch Museum Open Poster here http://www.seething-airfield.com/poster50.jpg
Profile picture for user Gooney Bird

Member for

13 years 11 months

I might pop over for old times sake. I flew into Seething in an Auster, G-AJUE, on 20th March, 1966. I flew Ipswich-Swanton Morley-Seething-Ipswich. As I remember they were very friendly and welcoming.