Crash at White Waltham.

Profile picture for user Newforest

Member for

14 years 6 months

One sad looking plane. Crew safe. That registration looks like.....?:confused: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263746/Amazing-escape-pilot-passenger-cheat-death-plane-explodes.html
Original post
Profile picture for user A225HVY

Member for

15 years 6 months

OThat registration looks like.....?:confused:
American............
Profile picture for user EGTC

Member for

10 years 8 months

Gosh thats in quite a state. Glad the 2 onboard were alright.

Member for

11 years 9 months

Oh dear, fractured and burnt composite structure = toxic waste site. I do hope the fire crew were wearing breathing apparatus as MMMF coated in burnt epoxy are nasty.
Profile picture for user EN830

Member for

19 years 9 months

There are quiet a few Cirrus in the UK with US registrations. I was told the reason last year, something to do with different ratings under the US system IIRC.
Profile picture for user spitfireman

Member for

14 years 4 months

Bust out laughing!! The press report....Explosion..crash...defying death...wreckage....nose dive, ..ends with........... 'An Introductory flying lesson in a Piper Warrior aircraft can be booked at the Aero Club for just £150.' LMFHO :diablo::D
Profile picture for user RyanShort1

Member for

11 years 7 months

Another Cirrus emergency landing ends with fire? Ryan
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Oops! Very dramatic account in the newspaper. :diablo:

Member for

16 years 2 months

Bust out laughing!! The press report....Explosion..crash...defying death...wreckage....nose dive, ..ends with........... 'An Introductory flying lesson in a Piper Warrior aircraft can be booked at the Aero Club for just £150.' LMFHO :diablo::D
Not exactly the best way to encourage people to take up the passtime is it? I guess that was why they did it. Misguided people who see private pilots as rich playboys rather than normal (?) people who are struggling to afford enough hours to remain current.

Member for

15 years 7 months

I bet it took a while to find Fred & Florence as qualified witnesses. Also with their names, I am picturing people around retirement age, don't think they would be talking in metres. Glad all OK