Air-Britain Classic Fly-In North Weald 19-20 June

Member for

13 years 9 months

Air-Britain, the leading aviation historians and enthusiasts association, is holding its 31st Classic Fly-In at North Weald over the weekend of 19-20 June. The event is open to the public from 09.00 each day. The American Classic theme should ensure a wide range of interesting types to see in North Weald's friendly atmosphere. There will be a static exhibition area with aircraft and sales vendors. Details available at www.air-britainflyin.co.uk A sample of some of the types that have already indicated their intention to join us (usual caveats apply re weather and servicability) are: Fairchild Argus (2) Cessna 120/140 (7) Cessna 190/195 (3) Stearman (7) PA22 (14) Ercoupe (5) Rearwin Cloudster Curtis -Wright Travel Air Stinson V-77 Pilatus P3 (from France) 7 aircraft Persan Beaumont, Paris plus aircraft from Holland and Belgium I hope you will consider joining us. G-APDK
Original post

Member for

13 years 9 months

Following further discussions within the last week with the CAA/NATS the arrivals (& departure) arrangements for North Weald during the Air-Britain Fly-In have been amended to ease the burden on Farnborough and Essex Radar, to help all pilots, and to enable non-transponder equippped aircraft easier access to NW for our event. Details of the changes, which I hope is self explanatory, can be found on our updated website http://www.air-britainflyin.co.uk/html/arrivals_by_air.html If you have any questions about this please contact The Squadron at North Weald on +44 (0)1992 524510. For those yet to arrange your PPR slot for Saturday or Sunday arrivals these are filling fast so please contact the Squadron soon. (NO PPR is required for Friday arrivals). Please pass this information to any fellow pilots who plan or may wish to join us. I look forward to seeing some of you at North Weald this weekend. G-APDK
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 10 months

My aircraft is one of the fourteen PA22 booked; regrettably I shall not be on board Moggy

Member for

13 years 9 months

Moggy Sorry you can't be with us, but your PA-22 will be most welcome as it is one of our theme types With the PPR bookings climbing well over 70 with aircraft coming from as far as Switzerland (A Falco) by the time I left North Weald this evening, its looks as if we could be busy with an interesting array of aircraft The first arrival for the Fly-In actually arrived this afternoon all the way from the Czech Republic in the rare shape of a L-20 Meta-Sokol G-APDK