Former Sen. Ted Stevens dies in Alaska plane crash

Read the forum code of contact

I'm not sure whether this should be under Commercial, if so please move it.

MSNBC

Former Sen. Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, died in a single-engine plane crash in southwest Alaska that killed four other people, including one of his former congressional aides, officials said Tuesday. A former NASA chief was among the four survivors.

RIP and condolences.

Original post

Was it a military flight? :o I thought that they were on a fishing trip :confused: :

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon in Anchorage, National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Debbie Hersman said witnesses reported the party had lunch at the lodge at Nerka Lake, then departed in the red-and-white float plane about 3 to 3:15 p.m. local time to fly to the camp to fish for silver salmon. Hersman said the lodge called the camp about 6 p.m. to find out when the group would return for dinner and learned that the aircraft had not arrived.

BTW my American colleagues tell me he survived a plane crash before in which his previous wife was killed. :(

Well, how about merging the two threads? I see that the EADS guy was working on military contracts.

Member for

19 years

The pilot, Terry, was a good friend and he will be missed. I really cant believe this, a truely sad sad day.

Blue skies Terry.

Sorry to hear that. :(