Light Aircraft Plunges into North sea

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 5 months

Sounds as though they were lucky to escape.

Anyone got any futher details?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-11159338

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

Gosh. I hope they are ok!

Member for

17 years 4 months

Initial Local Press evening Star report

Good news is they Appear to be OK - cold and wet but were “seemingly in good health.”

Aircraft Type reported as "Cessna PA32" :D - say no more....

Martyn

Member for

16 years 7 months

This has just been on 'Anglia News' ITV, interview with both survivers and amazing video of the aircraft (G-BBSM) sinking ! taken by one of the survivers on their mobile phone !

hope this link works ?

http://www.itv.com/anglia/

Keith.

Member for

18 years

Light aircraft ditching

An amazing and very fortunate outcome. Contrary to media reports the pilot was in communication with London Information at the London Area Control centre at Nats, Swanwick, whose FISOs acknowledged the pilot's Mayday transmission and initiated the search and rescue operation with the emergency services with the assistance of the RAF Distress and Diversion emergency cell at Swanwick.

Member for

18 years 5 months

Amazing video clip - thank you for posting. It was indeed a lucky escape and was surprised how relaxed they appeared!

I have never seen the North Sea so calm - it was like a mill pond! Luck was surely with them on that day!

Member for

20 years 6 months

Two very lucky people. A lot was going for them that day!

Member for

19 years

The plane, which was en route from Germany to Norfolk, crashed into a sandbank at North Shipwash three miles off Orfordness just after 6.30pm yesterday.

Pilot Gary Collings, 49, from Ditchingham in Norfolk, and his passenger Mark Andrews, 34, from Northampton, were taken to hospital after the dramatic ending to their flight.

Mr Collings brought the plane down three miles off Orford Ness, Suffolk, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said.

It is thought the aircraft’s engine may have cut out, forcing Mr Collings to ditch.

The men were rescued from the water after making a mayday call.

Nobody noticed the irony?:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

:D:D:D:D

Member for

24 years 3 months

A friend of mine who saw the aircraft recently said he thought it needed a wash

Member for

18 years 5 months

A friend of mine who saw the aircraft recently said he thought it needed a wash

....but it wasn't the Wash, it was the North sea!