Beagle 206 Srs 3; worth saving?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 3 months

I understand the (now) one of a kind Brazilian Beagle 206 Srs 3, PT-IQH, does not have an airworthiness certificate after the owner passed away a couple of years ago. Is it worth saving?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yeah, go on then.

Are you going to bring it back here or leave it where it is?

Moggy

Member for

16 years 7 months

I wonder if someone said the same about the S.S. Great Britain when it was being used a breakwater in the Falkland Islands?

Member for

16 years 7 months

If a Beagle B.206 Srs. III is not 'historic' then, on that particular forum, there are a lot of threads - such as the one about the crash of a modern scale Spitfire lookalike - that, presumably, should be shifted here or elsewhere!

Member for

16 years 6 months

In terms of being a historic type a B.206 probably is worth saving as there seem to be very few around. I admit that it never really did anything to set the aviation world on fire but I think it was probably the last light twin to go into production for an English manufacturer - probably asking to be shot down in flames with that statement!
If it needs comparatively little work for a C of A then it might be viable if it was coming home to be kept flying but road and sea recovery would be hopelessly expensive.
By the way if it isn't regarded a Historic how come a certain magazine is so proud to operate one?

Member for

16 years 7 months

Sorry. I should have explained. This post started life on the historic forum before disappearing from there, leaving no trace, and subsequently appearing here on the GA forum.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I always thought there was only one series 3 built and yes it would be lovely to see it back in the U.K -quite why this thread should have moved from historic here doesnt really gell -lack of roundels maybe

Member for

16 years 6 months

I guessed the thread had originated in Historic and gathered that it had, for some reason, moved here.
Didn't know that there was only one series 3 but always thought they were a nice looking twin, with a lot of character, so it would be good to see this one saved, if it is viable.- don't think it is a likely candidate for another forum whip round though!
Got to admit there is a massive interest in warbirds / military on the historic forum (which is to be expected) but there are a few of us who have a broader interest in vintage / classic aviation.

Member for

14 years 3 months

Well I haven't touched the thread and in fact I tried deleting it as there was little interest shown. Now it has popped up with my original deleted thread in the GA section. I guess there are those in the back room who only consider warbirds part of our heritage.

I have managed to trace the current owner although I haven't spoken to him yet. However, I've now lost interest in the subject and won't attempt to delete it again as someone amongst the mods seems to have taken control of the thread. Stuff it.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Funny you should say that........................for I was thinking along exactly the same lines!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I re-instated it given that we have another Beagly-thread running here and have had some good respondents.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Ah yes, now I see. Maybe the best thing would be to merge the two threads with a composite title?