9 Killed in PC-12 crash in South Africa

Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Some sad news from South Africa: A PC-12 carrying 2 crew and 7 passengers from Queenstown to Plettenberg Bay failed to arrive at its destination yesterday afternoon. "Plett" has a short runway(check on Google Earth) with only an NDB cloud break approach. The weather (at nearby George Airport) was FAGG 1400Z 170/04 140V220 2500 -DZ BR OVC003 20/19 Q1015 (200' cloud base). The wreckage and all 9 bodies were found today just off the coast. This is possibly the first fatal accident in South Africa in which both crew were female. They were both members of the FlyAfrica forum (they have a thread running on this accident). The passengers were the CEO, executives and business associates of the Italtile group, a large tile importing company. One of the many news items Here RIP This is the Plettenberg Bay approach : http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5140/5431238545_5f4144c961.jpg
Original post
Profile picture for user PMN

Member for

14 years 2 months

Very sad news indeed, especially considering today's accident in Cork. Rest in peace. :(
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Amazingly similar to the Cork event(low visibility approaches). And I have landed in both places myself.
Profile picture for user Swift

Member for

15 years 2 months

Have landed at both Plett and George both nices spots. Waiting to line up at George i saw what looked like a taildragger land and then about 200 yards doen the runway it popped up onto its nose wheel, so after dragging its ass down the tarmac , did they stop and have a look? Nope they powered up and took off.