Pilot records his own crash

Profile picture for user Bmused55

Member for

16 years

PC Warning for the over sensitive: No Gore or Screams or such like is involved here, but as it essentially contains a pilots last words (No expletives), viewer discression is advised. CESSNA L-19E N4584A Seems like the guy tried to go to high with it, then got too aggressive with the controls and stalled himself out of the air and existence :( http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cb4_1297652237 I usualy do not make judgements on accidents, but it does seem that turning left would have been a much better idea in this case as the terrain was sloping downward in that direction. RIP to the pilot and his passenger.
Original post
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Live leaks doesn't want to load past the headline.

Member for

10 years

I have run it, although without sound, as I have no speakers on this machine, but the video runs for the full 50 odd seconds.
Profile picture for user Peter

Member for

19 years 9 months

I am not a pilot but why he wouldnt have turned left instead of right into terrain.....:confused::eek:

Member for

8 years 8 months

RIP

Member for

9 years

It appears (to me: the casual / trainee pilot) that the aircraft suffered an uncommanded yaw to the right which resulted in the spiral dive into the trees. Touchy subject, this one.... RIP Just found this after 10 seconds of googling: The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 25894. Accident occurred Friday, August 10, 1984 in TABERNASH, CO Probable Cause Approval Date: 12/14/1992 Aircraft: CESSNA L-19E, registration: N4584A Injuries: 2 Fatal. THE AIRPLANE DEPARTED GRANDBY 8/10/84 AND FAILED TO ARRIVE AT ITS DESTINATION. ON 8/23/87, IT WAS FOUND ON THE SLOPE OF A HIGH TREE-COVERED RIDGE. VIDEO TAPE RECOVERED FROM THE WRECKAGE PROVIDED A VISUAL AND AUDIO RECORD OF THE FLIGHT FROM TAKEOFF TO IMPACT. COMPARING THE RECORDING TO A TOPOGRAPHICAL MAP, THE FLIGHT WAS CLIMBING AND ITS ALTITUDE ABOVE THE GROUND WAS DECREASING WHEN IT CRASHED AT THE 10,200-FT LEVEL. DURING THE LAST FEW SECONDS OF THE TAPE, THE TERRAIN DOMINATED THE VIEW THROUGH THE COCKPIT WINDOW. THE PILOT MADE A 60-DEG BANK, AND THE STALL WARNING HORN COULD BE HEARD 3 TIMES DURING APRX 180 DEG OF TURN. THE AIRPLANE SUBSEQUENTLY STALLED, FLIPPED OVER, AND ENTERED THE TREES. THE DENSITY ALTITUDE WAS ABOUT 13,000 FT. The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows: IN-FLIGHT PLANNING/DECISION..IMPROPER..PILOT IN COMMAND AIRSPEED..NOT MAINTAINED..PILOT IN COMMAND
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

Similar to Steve Fossett's accident. I still can't get the video to load. It's this jungle connection here. Tarzan could have brought me the video on an sd card faster swinging on the vines.