Paris Airshow 2011

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 6 months

Looks like I'll have an opportunity to check out the Paris Airshow during a two day layover at CDG. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure about what to do concerning entry to the show. Can you buy tickets at the gate when you show up, or do you need to purchase in advance??

Original post

Member for

16 years 3 months

Anymouse.........

Information is here...... http://www.paris-air-show.com/en

A while since I attended (unfortunately)!!! I recall it was simple enough to buy tickets, roll up and pay your money (some quequing) 44 Euro on a Trade day, about half that on a public day.

The public days, particularly the Saturday are manic (half the population of Paris has a day out at le Bourget, at least that is what it feels like !!). Much more relaxed on trade days. Some of the of the aircraft in the trade show have departed by the public days but others turn up. It is a matter of "you pays your money and takes your choice!!"

Have a good trip......!!!

Planemike

Member for

13 years 6 months

Thanks Mike!!

I had seen that Website, but it never made it clear whether walking up was a good idea or not. Hence my confusion. I'll probably make the Sunday show since my flight arrives around 11:30AM on Saturday.

For me, it's purely a target of opportunity. Just happen to be rotating out to work during that weekend. It's great when you can have fun on the company's nickel. :D

Member for

13 years 6 months

Had a good time!!

For the record, getting into the airshow was a piece of cake. Free bus from the Le Bourget train station to the airshow (took about 15 minutes to get on the bus though). Cash only at the gates. At least I didn't see any ticket booths that accepted credit cards. Once you're in, you're in, but there's no reentry. At least, not with the ticket I got.

Like most airshows, everything was pretty pricey inside. 3.10 Euros for a 50cl bottle of water!! Paid 9.95 Euros for a sandwich.

All in all, I had a good time checking out aircraft and whatnot that I don't get to see all that often. Knowing that my company unwittingly paid my airfare to get there made it all that much more enjoyable!! :D

Here's one of the pics I took...

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=196816&stc=1&d=1309308992

I never even heard of a PC21 until Sunday!!

Attachments

Member for

12 years 11 months

Anymouse

PC-21 has been around for a few years now and in service with the Swiss and Singapore Air Forces. The UAE are taking delivery of theirs at the moment.

The purpose of the aircraft is to complete basic flying training all the way through to LIFT, prior to stepping into a fast jet for type training. This is what the Swiss AF currently do and their students step out of the PC-21 and into the F-18, whereas previously they had the F-5 as an intermediate step.

I don't know if you got to look into the cockpit at any time but it can be configured to mimic the systems of the F-18 (or F-16) and hence prepare the student for the FJ but with lower performance. However with a 370kt Vmo, its not exactly sloth like.

Member for

13 years 6 months

Cool! I was wondering if they were using it as a trainer or some other mission. It kinda reminded me of a PC-6 on steroids. The state of Alaska uses them for air attack on wild fires. They both look like a fun plane to fly!