Help required identifying aircraft

Profile picture for user Jetflap

Member for

11 years 6 months

Yesterday, Saturday 3rd September, I saw a light aircraft in US military markings flying low over Eaton Bray in Bedfordshire. It looked like an Aeromere Falco but was in a very smart polished natural metal colour scheme with mid-blue trim and it was just close enough to make out US stars on the fuselage. This was about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, if that's any help, and it was coming in to land at an airstrip on a local farm. The undercarriage could either have been fixed or just down for landing. Any ideas?
Original post

Member for

8 years 1 month

Could this have been N8968H - it was at Sywell Northants the last week of August?

Member for

13 years

:) Could have been the North American Navion on it's way home from the Victory Show at Leicester, they were built after the war and owe a bit to their predecessors in design the P51 Mustang.. will post a pic for you tonight of it taxying in at the Show on Saturday if you want.. http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/aircraft/Navion/Navion_2007-11-NELLIS_1234_800.jpg

Member for

11 years 6 months

Thanks chaps, I reckon you've got it. I've googled N8968H and it looks very much like the one I saw.

Member for

8 years 7 months

Here's one with paint...

Member for

11 years 6 months

Thank you, Tony. I hope I catch it at an airshow one day.