Explane this if you can?

Profile picture for user pistonrob

Member for

8 years 9 months

saw this this morn. doesn`t realy look like a shadow from the clouds click onto to the pic to enlarge
Original post
Profile picture for user Arthur Pewtey

Member for

13 years 1 month

Looks like the top part of the trail is not being lit by the low sun by being in the shadow of the other cloud.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Google 'chemtrails' and all will become clear (Warning, fold a primitive hat out of tinfoil and use to cover your head before doing so) Moggy :eek:
Profile picture for user Merlin3945

Member for

19 years 9 months

Here was I thinking this was the start of a good old Tornado. Not quite formed yet and only does any damage if it touches down. Spectacular to see one with your own eyes.
Profile picture for user pistonrob

Member for

8 years 9 months

ive seen them start when they have been out to sea or even up in the mountains but aint never seen one touch down.. had a look Moggy, theres lots and lots on there lol. i just liked the 2 tone effect.
Profile picture for user VeeOne

Member for

8 years 5 months

It is clear that there is only scant upper clouds so I don't understand how a funnel cloud could have formed. If it was a horizontal 'cloud' then it surely must be a contrail being lit by a low sun. It looks (at the end) like it has two trails like a jetliner but so do funnel clouds. So it is hard to tell. The photo below shows a closeup of a funnel and this twin trails effect is seen. http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/raggidoll/landspout1aug05closeup.jpg Funnels are formed from large but decaying cu-cong or cu-nimb and I have seen several of them myself. There are no cumulus class clouds in your photo, only streaky cirro-stratus. I took this photo on a day with lots of cumulus congestus that never reached the cu-nimb level. The Cu over-developed and flattened out covering the sky. http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/raggidoll/landspout1aug053.jpg Please don't google 'chemtrails' or you'll lose braincells. Its a particularly stupid conspiracy theory that ignores the facts about aviation. You'll be surprised how many brain-deads there are out there. There are much more convincing conspiracy theories than chemtrails! >>Warning, fold a primitive hat out of tinfoil and use to cover your head before doing so! Moggie; I don't think even an tin foil hat will help!