Light aircraft collision

Profile picture for user Wyvernfan

Member for

11 years 11 months

Been reported on the radio that two light aircraft collided over the Long Stretton area of Leics at around 2pm. No report of casualties or aircraft involved. :(
Original post
Profile picture for user EGTC

Member for

10 years 8 months

:( R.I.P
Profile picture for user nJayM

Member for

11 years 3 months

Condolences to those bereaved and RIP to the soul lost Condolences to those bereaved and RIP to the soul lost.
Profile picture for user Newforest

Member for

14 years 6 months

The aircraft involved are a Taylorcraft and a Pitts Special.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

I'm getting a very bad feeling Moggy

Member for

10 years 8 months

Moggy, im not trying to provoke anyone into posting info, but do you get a bad feeling as you feel it might be a forum member or someone you know personally? I don't know anyone at Leicester but my heart goes out to those affected.

Member for

13 years

The type info was here........ So So sad http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=140470 I was worried that it could of been one of mine as they use Leic all the time, So I know how they must be feeling, my thoughts to the families, not a nice time so close to Christmas for this to happen (if any time of the year is). :(

Member for

14 years 6 months

The pilot of the Taylorcraft died in the accident. The aircraft was G-****. :( Edit. Incorrect registration initially quoted.

Member for

19 years 9 months

I have a fellow pilot / friend at Leicester who own a Taylorcraft and at first I feared that it might be he. A PM today has resolved that, but still left me saddened as it was a close friend of his. Moggy

Member for

14 years 6 months

That is good news for you but ASN has now removed the registration of the aircraft as there is some confusion whether the correct number was quoted.

Member for

10 years 8 months

Glad to hear your friend is okay, Moggy. Indeed, sad nonetheless though as someone has died and a family is in mourning. I believe ASN took a guess at the reg and got it wrong, from what I understand on pprune.
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

ASN is a wiki type website, so anyone can submit or edit an accident report. RIP to the deceased :(
Profile picture for user VeeOne

Member for

8 years 5 months

Hope it happened at low level in a circuit pattern. Something like that happening at 2 or 3 thousand feet doesn't bear thinking about. Aerobatic aircraft can just pop up under you in an instant. :(
Profile picture for user nJayM

Member for

11 years 3 months

Touche - given that it is reported that it was a Pitts Special Touche VeeOne - given that it is reported that it was a Pitts Special, they can get anywhere and in any orientation in seconds. Sad for the bereaved just before Christmas too.
Profile picture for user Flytst

Member for

13 years 10 months

All very sad, I so hope that the families get good support and care after this terrible incident. The Pitts was Pitts S-2C G-IICI by the way. Regards Mark

Member for

19 years 9 months

Information removed as its publication elsewhere was precipitate Apologies to all Moggy

Member for

14 years 8 months

Aviation and Flying is a truely wonderful and life enhancing thing. It's also bl@@dy heart breaking at times as well.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Low'n'Slow would receive a reply to his PM if his mailbox was empty! ;):)
Profile picture for user low'n'slow

Member for

13 years 1 month

Low'n'Slow would receive a reply to his PM if his mailbox was empty! ;):)
Thanks Newforest. Duly emptied....