Afghan DIY Microlight

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 2 months

Rather heart warming tale of DIY microlight for a lad that has no flight hours, only a dream that came true.

Good luck to the lad I say.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Read this story a few hours ago and have had a big grin on my face since then. What a tale! I wish him nothing but luck and success.

Member for

15 years 3 months

Looks a bit more than a cobbled together back yard job, what do people think about his comment that the Government should pay to train him to fly?

Member for

15 years 2 months

Interesting.
Although I agree, its odd that he feels his government should pay for his training. He built it himself, the government has no obligation.

I did pick up on this..

With its clutter of civilian jets, cargo planes and military flights, Kabul International has one the busiest airspaces in the world.

Is that true? How busy is Kabul?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Interesting.
Although I agree, its odd that he feels his government should pay for his training. He built it himself, the government has no obligation.

I did pick up on this..

Is that true? How busy is Kabul?

Well it says 'airspaces' rather than airports, and I guess there is constant military activity, probably mostly helicopters.

Not exactly Chicago or Heathrow though. It sounds like media hyperbole to me, bigging up the story of a non-pilot flying a home-made aircraft in such a 'busy' airspace. Same sort of stuff they bring out when an aeroplane makes a successful forced landing and they report a crash, or crash-landing.

Member for

15 years 2 months

I guess you're right, VeeOne. Mind you, that in itself makes it sound like irresponsible and terrible airmanship to attempt to fly unlicensed (which it is) in 'busy' airspace.