VAC Snowball Rally

Profile picture for user Arm Waver

Member for

15 years 6 months

The VAC 2012 calendar kicks off on Saturday 21st at Sywell. There is also possibilty of a tour around the "Biggles Biplane" hangar.
Original post

Member for

15 years 6 months

I'll be there :- (a) If you've fixed the weather and (b) I can get the Airtourer started. Fingers crossed.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

Hmmm, that's a maybe Moggy
Profile picture for user Arm Waver

Member for

15 years 6 months

A message from our Chairman... VINTAGE AIRCRAFT CLUB FLY IN SEASON STARTS THIS WEEKEND A quick reminder (if the weather forecast hasn’t already dropped a hint!) that the first VAC fly in of the year takes place this Saturday. Don’t let the forecast winds put you off. If visiting via road, there will be an equally warm welcome in Sywell’s Pilots Mess. Park by the museum and we will arrange that someone is manning the access gate to allow members to get airside. Past the control tower, the “Biggles Biplane” hangar will be open for inspection of the BE-2c replica, Fokker Triplane and other vintage types under restoration, while adjacent hangars may be opened too, allowing a close look at rare aircraft such as Miles Messenger G-AKIN, which has been based continuously at Sywell since new! Visitors by air will of course receive reduced landing fees on submission of a VAC membership card. Further dates for your vintage diary are: Sunday12 February Valentine Rally Old Sarum Saturday 10 March VAC Annual Dinner Littlebury Hotel, Bicester Sunday 25 March Spring Meeting Turweston Saturday14 April Daffodil Rally Fenland More details are available on the club website: www.vintageaircraftclub.org.uk Look forward to seeing you! Steve Slater Chairman Vintage Aircraft Club
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

It's ceased to be a maybe and has become a "another time" for me. Overcast, drizzle, gusty. Not my idea of fun. I hope the weather is better there guys. Moggy

Member for

15 years 6 months

Same here at Top Farm. So my apologies for absence, let's hope the next one has better weather.
Profile picture for user low'n'slow

Member for

13 years 1 month

Weather of course turned the day into a "drive in" event. Many thanks to the 25 or so who still turned up and supported the day. "Biggles Biplane" and Chris Parker hangars open with contents arrayed for inspection. "Pilots Mess" cafe did a roaring trade too