Member for

24 years 3 months

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Luvverly!

Can I have a ride please?

Moggy:D

Member for

21 years

Nice bird photos. Keep posting! It's real nice to see your classics.

This was about three weeks ago. Mounted engine, prop ... getting closer.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Moggy,

Does the Colt have the interconnected Aileron and Rudder controls like the Tri-Pacer? I found this quite a strange system to get used too.

G

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have heard about this piece of wierdness on Tri-Pis.

It was something to do with making it more car like - though why the throttle didn't therefore end up on the floor defeats me.

But no, they couldn't do it with the Colt as there are no flaps so you really need easy access to sideslip / forward slip.

Moggy

Member for

21 years 1 month

Hi gdenney & Moggie,

Can you explain to me how this combined aileron and rudder system works please? Is it a chains and pulleys thing? Sounds like quite a complicated system to me for a light aircraft, perhaps that why it is not on all aeroplanes.

Thanks in advance

S'gull

Member for

24 years 3 months

Fraid I can't help. I've never seen the system.

I have always assumed that is consisted of some sort of spring device interconnecting the yoke and the rudder such that applying left hand down on the yoke also fed in some rudder input.

In a similar vein, I thought at first I would never get to grips with the Yak, I couldn't fly it smoothly. Then they disconnected a spring-loaded self centreing device from the stick and it became easy-peasy.

Looks like designers always assume that we pilots need their help to fly.

Moggy

Member for

21 years

Getting closer!!!

Can anyone guess what this bird is?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Rockwell Commander. I was asked to do deliveries of these to new owners but was too busy with flying work.

Member for

21 years

;) wysiwyg .... you have a good eye for detail. Like that!

This baby should be rolling off the shop with that new engine any day now. I hope!!! Can't wait to hear that Turbo Charge kick-in down that runway!

Hey ... keep posting your photos. I've seen some nice birds here that I've never seen before! :)

Flylady

Member for

24 years 3 months

Flylady,

If you can't wait to fly this beauty, well, i think the plane was just released for FS2002 on http://www.avsim.com . It looks good.

Member for

21 years

frankvw: Oh my ... went to that link and there's so many of them. Guide me a little better to final destination. Not to confuse Rockwell Commander with Aero Commander. Aero Commander is a twin engine. Like those too. Almost purchased one about ten years ago.

Thanks. ;)

Flylady