C172 down in sea off Holland

Read the forum code of contact

I understand that a C172 with 4 on board is missing off the coast of Holland. Lets hope that the occupants are ok.

Copy and paste this line in your search engine and you will get all the Dutch sites with the news:

Zoekactie voor kust naar verdwenen vliegtuig

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Plane has been found at the Tweede Maasvlakte, a reclamation project for the Rotterdam port. The fire brigade, ambulances and medevac chopper are on site.

All four occupants of the plane are badly injured. One of them has been removed from the plane, the other three are still believed to be in the plane.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/12234061/__Vliegtuigwrak_gevonden_voor_kust__.html

Member for

15 years 2 months

Has there been anymore updates on this?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not much really. Just some details on the passengers, two boys aged 10 and 17, a male pilot aged 50 and a male passenger aged 59. All are from Rotterdam. They have all been taken to the hospital. One by helicopter, the rest by ambulance.

At the time of the accident there was a dense sea mist which might have contributed to the accident.

There are some wreckage pictures at the Telegraaf, Volkskrant and no doubt countless other news sites.

I wish them a speedy recovery.

Member for

19 years

Goodness me that looks like it was a very heavy impact!! Wish all a speedy recovery.