The Cat sat on the Mat.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 11 months

If you can understand and speak the title to this comment you, as a pilot, might be entitled to one of EASA's new endorsements to Level 6 as a native English speaker.

The above is not a joke or optional. You must find someone - I think Flight and RT and Type Rating Examiners are included - who are sufficiently competant in spoken English to listen to you speak - you could declaim something from Shakespeare's Hamlet - perhaps the soliloquy or more picturesquely, Eskimo Nell, which is my preference.

All British License holders will have had this language endorsement in their licenses since 2008 - lasting for a period of four years. So, this year, 2012 it expired and now must be renewed, this time for life.

All of this applies only if you are changing your British license to EASA. No doubt there will be a fee payable somewhere along the line.

With the able help of one of my patient and knowledgeable grandaughters Jessica aged 6, I fully expect to pass this test.

Original post

Member for

18 years 1 month

Capitalising your (non-proper) nouns has revealed you as a potential German and hence ineligible for level 6 English.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Does that mean we can deport him?

Member for

12 years 11 months

mark.

jessica will get me thru'.

Tony T

Anticipating your suggestion, I've changed me name to 'Abu bin Green'

This comment is warrented free from phobic taint.

Member for

17 years 5 months

Is that how you Bin Abu, or how you Abu Bin ?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've been through some of this lately.

Danish citizen, resident in Germany for 20+ years and fluent in German and English (which I amongst others use daily at work).

Paid €250,- to speak English for 30 minutes to two language examiners. They would have given me Level 10 they said, had to settle for Level 6 however :)

Now I have to go through the same cr*p with German.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Cat/Sat/Mat update. If you are going to the NEC Flying Show on Saturday, 1st. Dec. and you have or intend to have an EASA license, a very pleasant and helpful gent from the LAA named Jon Cooke will be on the LAA stand and ready to assist with your Level 6 English Language Assessment - FREE OF CHARGE.

Bring your license and photo I.D. You'll may also require a CAA Ref. number whatever that is. Check with the CAA - you know, without being told, they are their to help you.