Old Charts

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

13 years 5 months

Does anybody have a 1:500,000 Southern England chart from around 1993 from which they could let me have a scan of the Upper Heyford Mandatory Radio Area please ?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've checked. Nothing going back more than a couple of years I'm afraid.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 1 month

Old Charts

Will be pleased to pass on my 1972 copy when i stop using it.

As a matter of interest I still have some of my Southern Africa maps from the early 1980s. Use them in my car as the roads haven't changed much since. 'scuse the drift :)

Member for

13 years

I just might be able to help ?

Of perhaps more relevance, I have 'Aeronautical Chart ICAO 1:500 000, Southern England and Wales, Edition 10', with revisions to 1984. This is the topographical map with aerodrome positions, danger zones etc, with SRZ and lower airways in pale blue shading.

PM me with your e-mail, and I will scan centered on your described location and send as an attachment - providing that it is not too early ie too old for your purposes!!

Member for

13 years 5 months

Viscount, I anticipate that in 1984 Upper Heyford may not have had a Mandatory Radio Area but please look.

[email]billfisher@enterprise.net[/email]

Member for

13 years

Bill, there is an "Upper Heyford Radar Advisory Service Zone SFC-4000'ALT, Zone Freq 128.55" named and shown in blue chain line. The RASZ has a rectangle shape with a extra lump on the SE corner. Is that what you are after?

I've sent a scan, you can decide if what you are looking for is there; then post to the effect that you either have the answer you are looking for, or still need help from a newer than 1984 map.

Member for

13 years 5 months

Viscount,

Sorry but No it was radar ADVISORY - I was looking for Radio MANDATORY

Member for

12 years 11 months

Viscount,

Sorry but No it was radar ADVISORY - I was looking for Radio MANDATORY

I believe I had one from that year. Gave it away to a new pilot who wanted to get familiar with how airmaps work. If I can I will get a scan of the oxford area for you.