Flight Radar 24

Profile picture for user Boeing C-17

Member for

6 years 10 months

I bet that some members on our site know about this, but here is an app that will track commercial and some cargo planes in both real time and staggered time. A friend of mine showed this to me, I thought it was quite interesting. Without further adieu, I bring to you Flight Radar 24.
Original post
Profile picture for user charliehunt

Member for

7 years

I have used it on both Android and iPhone for a long while now and it runs very well on both.
Profile picture for user Moggy C

Member for

19 years 9 months

It runs on my phone also. I had some very dreary car park 'meet & greet' to do the other week and it filled time nicely watching contrails scratch their way across the sky and putting an airline and type to each of them. Moggy
Profile picture for user 27vet

Member for

9 years 11 months

You can buy the tracking apparatus and contribute to the coverage. Some friends in South Africa already do. I was thinking of it here (Gabon) as there is no tracking this part of the planet. But right now $500 is a bit out of reach. I would be able to pick up planes within a radius of 200nm equiped with ADS-B equipment see Automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast
"Flightradar24's coverage is primarily made up of data contributed by volunteers from around the world. Roughly 1,000 aviation enthusiasts with ADS-B receivers regularly feed data to our network. You can help us increase the coverage in your area, regardless if you already own ADS-B equipment or you are interested in getting ADS-B equipment."