Cessna 152

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

Every aircraft has limitations but that doesn't rule them out as a good trainer. Plenty of people have learned to fly in a Cub and it has all sorts of issues that a more complicated aircraft doesn't have to deal with. You'll never find an aircraft that doesn't have issues that a pilot has to deal with, its a matter of finding an aircraft that has it's positives and negatives in balance. The Cessna 152 is one of those aircraft in my opinion.

I've never seen a C152's airspeed indicator indicate incorrectly in crosswind conditions, it can happen in a slip though. The pitot tube isn't the issue as it has to do with the static port's air supply being disturbed in the slip. Common practice for most situations is to fly in a crab until nearing touchdown then transitioning to the slip. By then you not looking inside anyway to see what the speed reads. Plus, these airspeed errors are common in any aircraft that doesn't have a dual static port system.

Originally posted by Moggy C
You don't like flying then WD? ;)

Moggy

Flying straight and level for 3 hours isn't flying to me and that's where George comes in handy. Now I agree that anything not at cruise or below 10,000' should be hand flown. That's when the real fun happens.