Member for

15 years 2 months

Hoping for a good outcome:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23399158

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Certainly not good news.

We treat the Sunday outing to Le Touquet as a 'milk run' but this is a reminder that risks are always present.

So far it doesn't sound very hopeful

Moggy

Member for

15 years 2 months

You're right. I've never done the Le Touquet run myself but it's always sounded like a lot fun of.
I really hope the pilot is found safe and well. Just have to wait now.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've done six crossings so far this year and actually spend longer over the Thames Estuary than over The Channel (Route Harwich > Cap Gris Nez more or less straight line)

You are always hyper-sensitive to engine noises overwater.

Moggy

Member for

18 years 11 months

Aircraft believed to be a Cirrus and wreckage has been found.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ex-Blackbushe by all accounts.

Moggy

Member for

15 years 2 months

You are always hyper-sensitive to engine noises overwater.

Moggy

I actually agree with that. When I trained at Perranporth, we did our circuits over the sea and I always remember being so sensitive to the engine noise.

As apparent wreckage has been found, I take it the pilot hasn't?

Member for

24 years 2 months

No news on that, which can't be good. If it is Cirrus they aren't ideal to use the chute over water.

Moggy

Member for

15 years 2 months

Yeah. :( BBC news says the search for the pilot has been suspended for the night. That really does make it look very bleak :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

Oh dear.

A spokesman for Dover Coastguard said: "Having taken the advice of the RAF as well as the French rescue authorities, we have decided that we won't be resuming the search."

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Not looking good at all, has there been any update today?

Member for

15 years 2 months

I'm surprised they didn't spend at least one more day searching for the pilot. However I guess they know what the chances of survival are in the sea better than I do.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Have seen photos of the wreckage and that is why the search is not being continued. The aircraft now identified as N147KA.

Member for

14 years 6 months

An appeal is being made for donations to raise the aircraft and answer some questions as no other organization is interested in the recovery.

https://www.justgiving.com/local/project/findhim

You would think the authorities would recover the aircraft. There must be an RN or other European naval vessel near by that could raise it?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well.. There's a turn up for the book.