Tracy Curtis Taylor

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 5 months

Again and again and again and again. YOU ONLY HAVE TO SAY OR WRITE IT ONCE !!

Precisely!!

Member for

11 years 1 month

"What she did or didn't do is nothing to do with you or me "

Well ,funnily enough, it does ACTUALLY have something to do with me.
I totally agree that if it has nothing to do with certain individuals who have no moral or physical involvement ,then they should perhaps hold their peace.

If the cap fits, John Green...?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Well, if it lights your boiler, have another go at her. By the way, you need to sort out your logic.

Member for

11 years 1 month

Q.E.D. No further comment required from me. :)

Member for

12 years 11 months

Excellent ! Xmas has come early.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Merry Xmas John - keep takin the chill pills ; )

Member for

12 years 11 months

I would if I knew what you were talking about.

Member for

20 years 4 months

The LAA AGM was attended by a record number of members on a fine Autumn day. The motion to rescind the award of the 2014 "Bill Woodhams" trophy to Tracey Curtis-Taylor was passed by a sizeable majority. Barry Tempest spoke to the motion, Harry Hopkins spoke on behalf of the LAA awards committee giving the background to the award and Tracey Curtis-Taylor spoke against the motion.
The AGM was admirably chaired by Brian Davies.
I hope this will bring to an end an unsavoury contretemps on social media. The matter is closed.

Member for

11 years 1 month

..as far as the LAA would wish ( by 123 to 65 votes ) I have no doubt.

Next comes the HCAP.

Member for

16 years 7 months

Well, this story has now made it onto the television news - and my impression was that Miss Taylor did not come out of it smelling of roses. But it appears that we haven't heard the last of it. According to BBC South News, Miss Taylor has told them that she is contemplating legal action. I only hope that she consults a sound, competent lawyer who gives her the advice to which she ought to listen rather than that which she wishes to hear. Rarely does litigation restore reputations. And generally you have to be very rich or very foolish - or both - to embark upon such a course of action. I have no idea which, if either, of these she is.

Member for

11 years 1 month

In the meantime over on "the dark side" ( but not described as such by some in the national press e.g. "UK Daily Telegraph: PPRuNe is a respected forum" :) ) the number of views is now surging through 1/3 of a million.
Popcorn sales must be thriving as this silly three-ring circus trundles on.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Spare a thought for poor old JG - he must be on double chill pill rations at the moment ; )

Member for

18 years 10 months

I'm generally always replying to you and your TCT firing squad, desist and you'll here no more from me. Everyone's a winner !

It's strange, on another thread you fully advocate and support peoples right to harass and humiliate a woman, I suspect just because they happen to agree with your views, and I quote:

"The video clip is what you get as a consequence of ........ It is regrettable; it is bad manners but, entirely understandable.....
At the very least demonstrate whatever passes for your commonsense and agree that the people protesting on the video might, just might have a point"

Maybe these people who are commenting here re TCT also should have the right to have a point, it might be understandable? just because you don't agree here doesn't mean it's not valid?

Member for

12 years 11 months

Are you deliberately thick or is it accidental ? Apart from the fact that I cannot take seriously anyone who describes themselves as a 'citizen of the world,' my 'beef' about the TCT nonsense is concerned solely with the number of times her detractors give her a kicking.

TCT's assassins might have all the valid points in the world, my beef is the unrelenting and REPETITIVE hostility demonstrated. Once you made your point leave it at that. You don't have to REPEAT one hundred times over the same damned point.

I made it abundantly clear where I stood on the question of the woman you refer to in the video clip. It was rank bad
manners and regrettable but, understandable.

Do you now get the point ?

Member for

11 years 1 month

Once you made your point leave it at that.

Somebody seems to have made essentially the same point 15 times on this 56 post thread :)

Member for

19 years 5 months

What have we learned here?

If one relies on public donations to do something, does something in public ...whether it be for charity, notoriety, or profit, you better be 100% honest and open.

It's one thing to sit around the clubhouse spinning ripping yarns about your self funded, private experiences, quite another if you've asked the public for support, court media attention and become a celebrity.

Modern forums are the modern equivalent of sending a letter to The Times, a place for expressing outrage and or disdain.
Really, what do you expect when people are allowed hide behind made-up computer names? BTW: I happened across a vintage car site just this week that mandates people use their real names.

There is a fine line between an honest attempt at doing something while perhaps exaggerating a point or two and being a charlatan (...for say, making a very well paid career out of consistently exaggerating the importance of "discoveries" during perpetual unsuccessful attempts to find a missing aviator).

And really, I'd expect Moggy, as a moderator, to help clear up this forum before casting aspersions on the likes of pprune.
Look at some of the comments in the GD forum...there is plenty of work to be done here....

Member for

18 years 10 months

Are you deliberately thick or is it accidental ?

'citizen of the world,'

Do you now get the point ?

Mmmmm.... far from thick, my point holds true. Calm down, name calling isn't very polite is it?

Citizen of the world? I spend over 50% of my time out of the country on business and pleasure, a good a description as any that portrays my feelings and for me at least makes me feel happy I'm not as narrow minded as some.

I get the point that when you agree with relentless hostility it's ok, but when you don't we should all be quiet.

Repetitive hostility sadly is seen everywhere these days in social media, sadly it's given everybody a voice, including those who perhaps don't warrant it.

Member for

11 years 1 month

In the meantime over on "the dark side" ( but not described as such by some in the national press e.g. "UK Daily Telegraph: PPRuNe is a respected forum" ) the number of views is now well over 400,000.

Member for

12 years 11 months

Perhaps the 400,000 simply means that Pprune is well overrepresented by gawping numskulls !

Member for

19 years 1 month

Hey JG - how is the RSI from editing the TCT Wiki page ; )

Surely the most 'fiddled with' wiki page ever :D