EASA rule would exclude hours flown in vintage aircraft & homebuilts

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years

It never ends ! Yet more EASA bolleaux. Could anyone devise a more effective regime to confuse, impoverish, intimidate and discourage recreational flyers.

I suppose there will be no need to log it either, That suits me, I do not log the hours I drive, and that seems to work out

''This means that neither any training using Annex II aircraft nor experience on Annex II aircraft would qualify towards biennial EASA licence revalidation. ‘The impact in many countries will be very harmful to our member organisations and to their individual members,’ said the European Federation of Light, Experimental & Vintage Aircraft (EFLEVA) VP, Consultation James Tannock in a statement issued on 17 February. ‘Many people have converted to EASA licenses recently, but fly mostly in Annex II aircraft. It may be difficult or impossible for them to revert to a national licence.’

‘The basis of this move is apparently a legal opinion that Annex II aircraft are not suitable, because they are not regulated by EASA. EFLEVA’s view is that this move would be seriously damaging to European GA, with no benefits apart from the satisfaction of a few lawyers.’

http://www.pilotweb.aero/news/easa-rule-would-exclude-hours-flown-in-vintage-aircraft-homebuilts-1-5402155?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well Propstrike, once we are finally 'out' of the EU ........

However a few months ago, there was talk that the PM and her team of 'negotiators' were strongly considering the UK remain a member of EASA after we have 'left' the 'Fourth Reich', so I don't hold my hopes up for us being able to change anything!

That said, I think the UK GA aviation population and also historic aviation enthusiasts should start putting pressure on our Government to reconsider their position on EASA, and make sure we will be no part of it when (and if) we do leave the EU completely!

Cheers

Paul

Member for

12 years 11 months

Intimidation proceeds apace; Project Fear is very much alive and kicking !

Don't get an EASA licence.

Member for

12 years 11 months

It seems that now, Annex 2 flight time can be used to support the hours required for a CAA SEP Certificate of Revalidation