Wolverhampton

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

I'm considering going to Wolverhampton Airport before the summer is out. I have never been there before. Can anyone recommend it? What facilities does it have?

R.weaver: Don't you fly out of EGBO? Fancy meeting up?

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

... your box is full.

I bet you say that to all the guys! There's room for you now. Can't wait. If it is anything like your last offer, I'll send the police around.
(I'm kidding).

Member for

24 years 3 months

We could have lunch, and you can take me for a quick flight if you like, I will pay my way.

R.weaver

Safe legal flying

Do take care Janie.

'r' has a technique of plying young impressionable teenage girls like yourself with a glass of wine so as to have his wicked way.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thanks Moggy. I fear nothing.

Robert: I'm looking at Sat/Sun 24/25 to come up. How does that suit you?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Wolverhampton? Busy? When? I popped across there earlier this year and there were two movements. And one of them was my bowels.

I dread to think that R. Weaver may actually live within a few miles of me. And that when I look up and see a light aircraft overhead that it might be him. Will I ever feel safe again?

Regards,

kev35

Member for

19 years 10 months

Having just read the night rating thread, this is a mission of some importance.

Although, even photographic evidence will not convince many on here....

John C
Depressed - bike didn't make enough on Ebay :(

Member for

20 years 8 months

I'm surprised no one mentioned the idea earlier. I'm sure I can liven up Wolves.

Does anyone know how much the landing fee is? My Pooleys is at home.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Cheers mate! That's a little pricey. I wonder how I can haggle that down. Maybe if I sneek in before the airfield opens, then no one will notice me and I will not have to pay. Hahaha!

:) Oh no! The RW attitude is becoming contageous! :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

at weekends it is information and not control ... In the week control is operated, stupid I know as it gets very busy at the weekend so why change to information

Educated guess here - it is more expensive to run ATC, so it is a cost-saving exercise. So why have it at all? Don't they have a lot of business traffic flying on instrument rules, during the week - you know the guys who are too scared to look out of the window! They need assistance to help them down, whereas the clever little basic PPL guys are quite capable of doing it all on their own without help! :D

The fact that it remains "Information" means we will still get bossed around on the ground, unlike places which have just "radio" which is only there for our entertainment and to check our radio audibility! :rolleyes:

Auster Fan is the radio man, maybe he has a comment.

Member for

20 years

Maybe if I sneek in before the airfield opens, then no one will notice me and I will not have to pay. Hahaha!

would it be too obvious too suggest 23:00 the previous night, when the lights are out? :o

or is it ruprechts lights that are out?

enk

say flugal fly-in

Member for

20 years 8 months

It would be fun to borrow the Shuttleworth's Lysander (ever seen one of those, Robert?) and treat this as a covert mission. Don't tell anyone, OK?

(Dodrums: Public slepping eh? Does your mother know about this? :))

Member for

20 years

(Dodrums: Public slepping eh? Does your mother know about this? :))

her slepping is worse than mine!
;)

Member for

20 years 4 months

We could have lunch, and you can take me for a quick flight if you like, I will pay my way.

Regards

R.weaver

Safe legal flying

And for those of you not familiar with "Summer the First Time", by Bobby Goldsbro (yuk!!!!) here you are!!!!!

"Summer (The First Time)"

It was a hot afternoon
the last day of June,
and the sun was a demon.
The clouds were afraid.
One ten in the shade,
and the pavement was steamin'.

I told Billy Ray
in his red chevrolet
I needed time for some thinkin'.
He was just passing by
when I caught that boy's eye,
and I swore it was winkin'.

I was thirty-one,
he was seventeen.
He knew nothing about love.
I knew everything.
But he sat right down
on the front porch swing,
and I wondered what the
coming night would bring.

Sun closed my eyes,
climbed to the skies.
It was starting to swelter.
The sweat trickled down
the front of my gown.
I thought it would melt me.

I threw back my hair
like he wasn't there
and I sipped, oooh, something coolin'.
My shoulders bare,
he tried not to stare,
whoa, but I knew I wasn't foolin'.

I looked deep into those eyes of blue,
I said, "Boy, I know you're young,
don't know what to say or do.
But stay with me 'til the sun goes away
and I will chase the boy in you away!"

Guess you know why
that kid caught my eyes,
oooh, and why the memory still lingers.
Go back in my mind
to the very first time,
ooh-ooh-ooh, I felt the touch of somebody's fingers.
I go back in my mind
to the very first time
oh, I felt the touch of somebody's fingers.
And go, I go back in my mind
to the very first time I felt . . .

I go back in my mind
to the very first time
I felt the touch
of somebody's fingers.
The first time.
The first time.
:D :D :D ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

no no, it's an Afghan Mountain Goat!!!!

Does Snapper know his goat is cheating on him ?? :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Janie

I may be able to come up from Bristol on the Sunday, you never know you may need a bodyguard lol, I'll bring the missus, she has a wicked right hook with her handbag

Look out Robert ;)

Dean

Member for

20 years 4 months

Auster Fan is the radio man, maybe he has a comment.

Just a minute, let me think. No, I'm sorry I haven't a clue! I did have a word with my cousin in Lancashire, but the Clitheroe Kid didn't know. He had a word with his dull brother, but it was Beyond our Ken, so he went to the pub to see his friends Julian and Sandy - yes, he went Round the Horn(e)! He also suggested that I talk to his friend Archie Andrews, but as he he always talks as though he has someone's hand up his backside (ask his friend Peter Brough), I won't bother. I had Half and Hour with Hancock, but that didn't help either - I'm Sorry, I'll read that again. I was so confused I went to see a show at the local Theatre that should have started at 1930 but didn't - yep, it was the Late 1948 show!

Sorry Janie, can't help!! ;)

AF, Group Captain (ret'd), 43 (Deserters) Sqn
RAF Much-Binding-In-the-Marsh

(With sincere apologies to the younger members of the forum who haven't the faintest idea what this is about - what makes you think I do!)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'm becoming more and more worried about Janie's safety.

At her tender years she can't have had that much experience of dealing with worldly wise and sophisticated pilots.

Beneath that glamorous, Kate Moss waif-like exterior, she's really just a girl at heart.

'r' has now changed his Avatar line to something rather moustache twirling.

What say we ask Big Kev, who lives close to Halfpenny Green International Spaceport Businesss Drome to drop by (If he's not doing his everyday close protection job for that nightclub owner) and just make sure that Janie escapes intact?

I hear he wants a word with r anyway.

Moggy

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well if that's not a red rag to a bull, I don't know what is... :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Here's an idea, Janie bundles the unsuspecting 'r' in the back of an aircraft, flies him to a private airstrip somewhere, wher we can then all have a 'word' with him. I'm sure he'll enjoy the walk home.

Nice idea Y11F!

I think there's a strip on 'Gruinard' isn't there?

Gruinard

If not, omit straps in rear of Chipmunk and supply(perhaps!) Ruprecht with large bedsheet and plank of wood. :D

Member for

20 years

What has Gruinard ever done to deserve that? I like the idea of aerobatics without straps in the back.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Thank you all for your concern.
I'm touched - just not in the way Bobby Goldsboro had in mind (Auster Fan, that made me puke!!).

Robert: Slight change of plan. There is a good chance that I will be on a big, white, transatlantic, airborne tube on my way to Oshkosh (heard of that?) on the weekend of 24/25 July.

How about Sat 17 July instead?

I'm afraid, despite various sightings of me in Yaks, I do not own one. I will be coming up in the Piel CP301A Emeraude. It's a 1957 homebuilt made from cornflake packages, toilet rolls, washing up liquid bottles and held together with paint. It is Silver with bloodstain markings on the leading edges. It bears the registration G-BIJU, because we did not have enough paint for the correct registration. It handles like a Chipmunk/Spitfire in the air and a petrified animal on the ground.

Met24 is my bodyguard. His qualifications being that he saves me from gangland tyranny once a month in the Indian restaurant, when it comes to splitting the bill between ten pilots. It can get ugly.