Wolverhampton

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not me. :mad:

I'm green with envy that you fancy r just because he's a couple of years younger than I am and does sexier landings.

Don't do it Janie. He had his chance and he blew it (so to speak)

Moggy

Member for

20 years 7 months

R. -- Janie may not be able to come along on the 24th, but I can still make it. Are you still on for the 24th?

Member for

20 years 8 months

met24 is better looking than me. Blond and intelligent too. And he doesn't mind being picked up by strange men on the train.

Moggy: I don't fancy r. I'm a trained neurosurgeon. I'm just going to relocate a couple of synapses and inject a reliable lexicon into him and I reckon, he'll be OK. He's not the only pilot I know who has had a total polarity change between his glutinous maximus and his grey matter.

Member for

20 years 3 months

Thanks for the compliment, Moggy. It's wonderfully refreshing after some of the sarcastic bait that gets put down to try to get me to react (not mentioning any names, Yak, Auster, Robbo etc!). I'll buy you a Spitfire/Mustang/JU88/whatever, if I can ever afford to do so. :)

Fame at last and what illustrious comapny! I am indeed honoured! There was me thinking that you were just a simple woman who didn't understand......................!!!!! :p

Member for

20 years 3 months

Well well well, the mythical 'r' drops out of a public meeting.

Perhaps he is Janie's secret love child and and they're really going on a secret date somewhere!!

Member for

20 years 3 months

he's a couple of years younger than I am

Don't do it Janie. He had his chance and he blew it (so to speak)

Moggy

You wish!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You might have to explain that to him!!!! ;) Back to "Summer the first time" again!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

met24 is better looking than me.

Rubbish.

Only Kylie and Susannah (1967 version) are better looking than you. I've seen those envious glances Liz Hurley keeps darting in your direction. :o

Moggy

Member for

20 years 7 months

R! What time will you be at Wolverhampton on Saturday?

Moggy -- yes, there is a sanity test in the medical. If you fail the sanity test, you pass the medical. That's what the voices said anyway.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think this might need some more punctuation.

"Why are you coming my way that day?"

and

"Why? Are you coming my way that day?

are two different questions.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 3 months

I think this might need some more punctuation.

"Why are you coming my way that day?"

and

"Why? Are you coming my way that day?

are two different questions.

Moggy

Which rather begs the question - which version is the correct one?! Ruprecht - answers on a postcard please.....!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Why are you coming my way that day?

If I may be bold as to answer on met24's behalf ...

Met & I had planned to go up to Wolverhampton last Saturday. Our plans changed and we did one circuit and came down*. Conclusion, we are still wondering what Wolverhapmpton looks like. I'll be on my way to Oshkosh this weekend, so Met is going on his own, on his way throught to Yorkshire, if I am not mistaken.

* Had my first ASI failure. :eek:

Member for

20 years 7 months

Janie, I couldn't have said it better myself! Unfortunately it looks like I need to be up north earlier than expected, so I think I'll have to give Wolverhampton a miss.

R -- fear not, you can buy us lunch another time!

m

Member for

20 years 8 months

Just a minute, let me think. No, I'm sorry I haven't a clue! I did have a word with my cousin in Lancashire, but the Clitheroe Kid didn't know. He had a word with his dull brother, but it was Beyond our Ken, so he went to the pub to see his friends Julian and Sandy - yes, he went Round the Horn(e)! He also suggested that I talk to his friend Archie Andrews, but as he he always talks as though he has someone's hand up his backside (ask his friend Peter Brough), I won't bother. I had Half and Hour with Hancock, but that didn't help either - I'm Sorry, I'll read that again. I was so confused I went to see a show at the local Theatre that should have started at 1930 but didn't - yep, it was the Late 1948 show!

Sorry Janie, can't help!! ;)

AF, Group Captain (ret'd), 43 (Deserters) Sqn
RAF Much-Binding-In-the-Marsh

(With sincere apologies to the younger members of the forum who haven't the faintest idea what this is about - what makes you think I do!)

At the risk of showing my age I will admit to remembering some of those Radio shows (sorry I think we called it wireless in those days)

Member for

20 years 4 months

Did you see the BBC4 doc on Round the Horne a few weeks back? The classic Julian and Sandy line was "We are from Bona Lawyers, we are heavily engaged in a criminal practice"

I was a bit young at the time so didn't listen but they were cutting edge with comments like that. The great thing was no one noticed (and everyone thought Kenneth Willams, Frankie Howard and Danny La Rue were straight!)

I may have to go and see the stage show.

MH

Member for

20 years 8 months

I missed that unfortunately, shame really as it sounds as though it might have been good. The one show that was missed from the list, which I also consider to have been essential listening, was The Goon Show. Oops make that two shows as he also missed The Navy Lark, probably because it would have been difficult to find ways to fit them in.

Member for

20 years 4 months

Mark12, the moderator-meister on the Hysteric forum actually went to a Goon show recording.

Dirty rotten swine . . .

My best was paying my respects at the grave of Mel Blanc.

MH

Member for

20 years 3 months

I missed that unfortunately, shame really as it sounds as though it might have been good. The one show that was missed from the list, which I also consider to have been essential listening, was The Goon Show. Oops make that two shows as he also missed The Navy Lark, probably because it would have been difficult to find ways to fit them in.

I did try my best, but was trying to memorise shows "off the cuff"! The Goon show (despite my less than advancing years - I was born two years after if finished!) is one of my all time favourites. I can't actually remember hearing any of the shows at all when they were originally transmitted with the possible exception of the Clitheroe Kid in the late 60s (lunctimes near to Family Favourites?). Don't know why, but all of that humour, Ealing comedies on film etc really appeals to me.