small aircraft enquiry

Member for

11 months 2 weeks

Hi all. Firstly thanks to admin for adding me to the forum and hopefully I've put this in the right section. I'm not an aircraft enthusiast but I am struggling with a problem and hopefully someone here may be able to help or at least point me in the right direction. Im a fireman for greater Manchester and being stationed near a City airport formerly known as Barton aerodrome we have been involved in a few incidents involving small aircraft. Lately we did a training exercise with the airport crew and one of the problems that came up was we used a car as a pretend aircraft and a small steel training rig (box that looks not much like a plane) so the realism was very poor. My problem is this, I've been trying to see if there is anywhere in the uk that houses old planes that have no use. A bit like the pictures of plane graveyards you see in the states. We don't need any working planes but a decent plane shell would be brilliant. It gives us the opportunity to know where to, and not to cut when removing a casualty from a plane etc. So can anyone please tell me if a place like this exists in the uk where we could acquire a couple of small plane bodies for some decent training exercises. Cheers for reading Rob
Original post

Member for

8 years 6 months

I don't know whether this will help : Contact Farley Farm Airfield near Winchester, Hampshire on 07973 792712. The last time I visited - less than a year ago - they had a number of derelict airframes lying around, probably ideal for your purpose.

Member for

11 months 2 weeks

Thanks John. Will give them a try
Profile picture for user Newforest

Member for

14 years 6 months

But don't take my ex plane, BJDO, as it might be resurrected in the fullness of time! (fat chance probably!).