air sickness

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

It never seems to affect me if I have done the majority of the flying. I assume it is something to do with the fact that while you're concentrating on flying, you forget about being ill(?). Perhaps the more learned members can confirm.
Well it is not the concentrating which makes it OK. It is the fact that you tense your muscles in preparation for any action, if you are causing that action. You will not even be aware that you are doing this. It is the same with driving. Try braking without tensing your stomach muscles and you will see what I mean. You probably did not even know you used them.

This is why I said to keep you muscles tensed all the time when a passenger for aerobatics. You do not need them tense all the time, but as you will never know the exact moment to tense them, it just hedges your chances of getting it right.

Here's another thing: G-suits - they push down on your abdomen and surrounding area, for you, the moment that there is any g-force. This just equates to you tensing your muscles buts means that you do not have to worry about the timing. And what is all that doing? Stopping the blood from draining away from your brain.

I've more info, but it's getting a bit wordy here, so I'll save it for later.

Member for

20 years 8 months

Janies advice makes a lot of sense IMHO. I may just have the chance to put it to some use soon I hope.
You are 17th on my list at the moment!

It doesn't matter what you try - my loops (I call them twoops, because they are twisted!) will make you sick.