What's the first aircraft you've ever flown in?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 7 months

Considering I've been into aircraft since as long as I can remember, and up to this point hadn't flow abroad, my first flight was actually quite late in life, and was rotary. G-BGKM – a Bond Helicopters Aerospatiale Dauphin SA365C, sometime in 1985, out of Strubby to the Viking Gas Field.

First fixed wing would be G-AMPZ - Air Atlantique's Dak at one of Humberside Airport's shows – shame they stopped doing them.

First flex-wing would be G-MWWG - my Cousin's Pegasus Q Microlight, out of North Coates, which he has since sold on.

First Group A was a Piper Warrior, can't remember the reg., also out of North Coates to Skegness and back.

Dean.

Member for

18 years 9 months

My first non commercial flight was two weeks ago in a Piper Warrior G-BUIK.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Only ever as a passenger, except for brief spells in control of gliders with someone who knew what he was doing in the other seat . . .

First was a Caravelle, June 1976. Sterling Airways, Luton to Kastrup.

(edited for typo)

Member for

17 years 8 months

First flight was on a works outing from Blackpool to Ronaldsway in summer 1957. The aircraft was a Bristol Wayfarer (170) of Lancashire Airways. This was such an unusual occurence for the period that we were front page news in the local press at Stoke-on-Trent!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Sadly crashed in Kent with 4 fatalities on a return trip from France and in 1960 was the 3rd aircraft I flew in. 1st flight was in G-ANHR Auster 5, followed by G-AJHD Hawk Trainer 3 both in 1958.

All flights Shoreham local and flew in the Auster several more times 19 years later after a friend rebuilt it.

Wicked Willip :diablo:

Thank you kindly for the info even though it is sad news. I have to admit that I was impressed by her when I flew in her. Mind you at 11 years old you tend to be easily impressed.

Member for

17 years 5 months

1st Non holiday - Rockwell Commander
1st Fast Jet - Aermacchi MB339
1st Helicopter - Lynx (G-Lynx)
1st Warbird - SNJ6 Texan
1st Soviet - L29
1st Solo - PA28

Member for

17 years 3 months

1968 Blackpool to Cark and return in G-AREV Tri Pacer of Air Navigation and Trading with the late much missed Keith Wyham in control.
She is still flying at Barton nowadays. One (lottery ) day we will be reunited.
Be lucky
David

Member for

18 years 1 month

Airspeed Ambassador G-AMAH Liverpool-Amsterdam March 23 1967. Was it really 40 years ago? A school exchange visit - also the first time I rode a motorbike (of sorts), pottering round the polders on a broemfitse at the age of 15.

William

Attachments

Member for

16 years 10 months

Thank you kindly for the info even though it is sad news. I have to admit that I was impressed by her when I flew in her. Mind you at 11 years old you tend to be easily impressed.

I think you may have been slightly older on your first flight as it wouldn't have been 1958 since the aircraft wasn't registered until 21st January 1960.

My own flight was exactly 4 months later and was not so memorable and put me off modern nosewheel types.

Mind you to be fair it was probably more to do with the poor weather as the short flight never got above 600 feet due to low cloud.

For many years I kept a souvenir poster detailing the aircraft type & even registration, which was retrieved from the perimeter fence at the end of that pleasure flying weekend. Eventually I gave it to the excellent Shoreham Airport Archive people who displayed it on their wall, where it may still be.

Wicked Willip :diablo:

Member for

20 years 8 months

The grey matter isn't what it once was, that's my excuse anyway.:D Thanks for putting me straight, by my reckoning if that is the case we both flew in her the same weekend

Member for

17 years 7 months

It was either a Anson or Oxford at a Air gunners training establisment late 1944.
either down in Wales or in Norfolk. followed by a Wellington, and finally in the RAF being a Oddbod Airgunner in Lancs.
First Commercial was Heathrow To Tehran, followed by many more.
Fokkerfreindship from Tehran down to Abadan, stopping off to drop guys servicing the p[pelines. (very hairy)
When I was 70 my daughters to me to lunch , from Shoreham to IOW
took controls its was great, flew over my house,
Into Cruising now, its much better.
Best regards to all
Bill:)

Member for

16 years 10 months

my first flight was RAF day at RAF gaydon 1975 in alidair viscount G-ARIR:)

Member for

18 years 9 months

Funny to see how many different aircraft were used for first flights:rolleyes:

Yes, I know, it has been a while ago since I've been here, but I've been quite busy last year... Oh well, vacation now and I'm going to legends this weekend :D

Time to check this place more often:cool: