Some Airspace Infringement Stats

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 4 months

I've put the latest stats (to end September) for reported Controlled Airspace infringements at NATS units up on the fly-on-track website - see FlyOnTrack then click on the top right yellow box "Infringer Stats"

There are 2 bar graphs there - "2003-2005 totals plus 2006 ytd total" and also "2005 plus 2006 year-to-date split by nats 'unit'". These will be updated every month from now on.

A few points, should you look at the graphs:

1- Apologies, but until I get it changed, the two graphs don't currently use the same colour codes. Take care with the keys given - for example the green on the top graph is equivalent to the blue on the bottom graph until I do something about it.

2- The more recent emphasis on 'reporting' any controlled airspace infringements in airspace controlled by NATS should really only have a noticeable effect on the 'low' impact figures. (eg: the green of the top graph, the blue on the bottom graph)

3- Most 'units' are obvious by name, but LCC (one of the units shown on the 2nd graph) control more than the name London Control Centre suggests, they also have responsibility for airways such as N866, the one that has a base of FL035 between the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands

A few points should you look at the site in general:

1- The Tips and Links pages have been reformated, regrouped, and hopefully turned into something where pilots can find references more easily to useful readable documents and guides. For example, should you be wanting to fly the Manchester low level corridor and be concerned about staying in it, there is a readable guide with photos of features along it referenced there- other guides exist there, see the tips or links pages. If anyone knows of similar documents, links would be appreciated

2- It's not a secret that I am working on getting real radar replays of real disruptive airspace 'busts' put on the flyontrack site as a regular updated feature, to show the impact of a stray unannounced aircraft in Controlled Airspace along with, if possible, the 'story' behind it. This will hopefully be available soon as I am getting great cooperation towards making it happen.

3- More work will be done shortly on cosmetics such as the flyontrack home page look, it was felt that priority would go to getting better or more accurate information on the site, and then smartening up the home page later. 'Hot News' and 'Did you Know' have been added in there already though.

Irv Lee
GASCo's FlyOnTrack

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Irv

Thanks for this, a great insight provided here along with some great tips, I know someone who busted Luton (badly) earlier in the year, I shall direct him to this excellent site

Dean